Any members have 'any driver' cover? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 21, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hunting
Something I'm looking into, as have a few family members that may use the MoHo on occasion. Is it possible to get an 'over 40' any driver policy for example?
Not for hire/reward which is a different matter altogether.

Jan 1, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7010
Exp
Since 1974
In France all motor insurance (AFAIK) covers the vehicle and any legal driver, the only thing affected is the excess rates.

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Something I'm looking into, as have a few family members that may use the MoHo on occasion. Is it possible to get an 'over 40' any driver policy for example?
Not for hire/reward which is a different matter altogether.
You could do worse than speak to Comfort insurance about your needs - I can't find it on their site but I'm sure they sent out material to existing policy holders on the subject of insuring friends and family and they certainly do a hire insurance.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
In France all motor insurance (AFAIK) covers the vehicle and any legal driver, the only thing affected is the excess rates.
So how does that work? Suppose owner has a clean licence and no accident history. He has an excess of say Ā£250. He lends the car to son who has a licence full of points and a bad history of accidents. How does the policy holder know what excess would be applied?

Genuine question.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
It is a third party only insurance as far as I am aware, you hit and injure someone they are covered, it's you bend it you mend it insurance so that in theory any vehicle on the road has some form of insurance regardless of driver's licence or lack of!

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
So how does that work? Suppose owner has a clean licence and no accident history. He has an excess of say Ā£250. He lends the car to son who has a licence full of points and a bad history of accidents. How does the policy holder know what excess would be applied?

Genuine question.

The excess here are typically higher, but so are policies. Then again people claim on their insurance without hesitation, its seen as a service.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Would be incredibly handy if the UK also did this.
They used to.I always had any driver up to leaving the uk in 2002

Genuine question.
In spain there is no difference in the excess. My excess is 180ā‚¬ You can increase it to what you want but i was told it applies to each facet of the vehicle .i.e front,back ,each side ,roof, underside. so a write off it is 6 x 180 deduction.
Once you have insured the vehicle it really doesn't matter what the person has on their licence as long as they are over the minimum age which for my van is 30 but for my last mpv it was 25. My previous ford tourneo connect my 22 year old daughter used to drive it as age was 21.

You have to remember that here they insure at reasonable rates people who have never had a driving licence in their lives, usually needing glasses 50 years ago but won't buy any,have no need to do any type of "medical" like all the rest of us & they drive "microcars sin carnet" ( Mini cars that do not need licence) Axioms,ligiers, etc.

this rubbish
th.jpeg
th.jpeg

It is a third party only insurance as far as I am aware, you hit and injure someone they are covered, it's you bend it you mend it insurance so that in theory any vehicle on the road has some form of insurance regardless of driver's licence or lack of!
No ,if you are talking about as above it applies to t,p,f&t as well as todo riesgo(full comp) which is what I have. Vehicle is insured for anyone over age of 30.

But if the vehicle is over 10/12 years old when you acquire it full comp will usually never be offered ,even for motorhomes.
If insured FC from earlier then it can continue until you stop but you would usually never be able to change to another company & get full comp

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back