OP
Spara4042
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2019
Only 4000 miles in 3 years it's been sitting around a lot it would make me wary.
I'll be posing the question, about the lack of mileage, when I speak to the dealer.
I'm just awaiting a call back for a video review of the vehicle.

I believe this dealer is in your neck of the woods? Do you have any feedback/thoughts you could share on them?

OP
OP
Spara4042
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2019
It must be model specific. Not all Carthagos have it.

Back to the original Post
The vehicle referred to in this topic is due its first MOT next month. Might be worth asking for it do be done now.
They have said it will come with a full service & hab check, so I presume the MOT will be included.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I'll be posing the question, about the lack of mileage, when I speak to the dealer.
I'm just awaiting a call back for a video review of the vehicle.

I believe this dealer is in your neck of the woods? Do you have any feedback/thoughts you could share on them?
Don't know anything about them have
driven by there a bit like a second hand car dealer.
Seems an odd van for them to have.

OP
OP
Spara4042
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2019
Don't know anything about them have
driven by there a bit like a second hand car dealer.
Seems an odd van for them to have.
Thanks Lenny, that's interesting to know.
I think I'll need to do a bit more digging into their background.

Having checked their website it would appear that they've been in business since 1985.
They're Swift & Elddis dealers but have a variety of second hand vans for sale.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis 504 2014
Exp
Too long
As you are buying at distance approx 350 miles away I suggest that considering the seller is not a Carthago dealer I would want a very good warranty due to it’s high value/complexity (also not back to base), a thorough handover of all items together with a new MOT.
Looks very nice but I’m sure you may be able to negotiate a good deal if you are totally happy.
Just my personal opinion having done similar.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
As you are buying at distance approx 350 miles away I suggest that considering the seller is not a Carthago dealer I would want a very good warranty due to it’s high value/complexity (also not back to base), a thorough handover of all items together with a new MOT.
Looks very nice but I’m sure you may be able to negotiate a good deal if you are totally happy.
Just my personal opinion having done similar.
When we bought our S plus from Premium all we got was a MB&G for 12 months
But that did cover the Iveco side of things

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
I purchased new from Nick Mouland at the NEC Show 7 years ago, Very easy to deal with, lost no money on the px I had. One issue covered under warranty. They didn’t cover the engine and driveline which was dealt with by my local IVECO dealer Northern Commercials . Had a faulty oil level sensor which was within the 3 years , ( with the aid I’d customer services in Turin) During Covid , it was rectified after ther warranty had actually expired.
No airs and graces always been in First name terns. I can only speak from my own experience. He did have an Aston Martin in the showroom! a classic mk3 Cortina Camper and a Fordson Tractor there as well, The latter two are his toys I think.

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
They are not my favourite dealer and I know a couple of people who had a poor experience with them. Personally I would sooner use a Carthago dealer with such an expensive purchase.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
They are not my favourite dealer and I know a couple of people who had a poor experience with them. Personally I would sooner use a Carthago dealer with such an expensive purchase.
Yes I agree with you on high value vehicles on the s/hand market, having said that I haven’t heard anyone sing the praises of Cartharho after sales of late!

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
Yes I agree with you on high value vehicles on the s/hand market, having said that I haven’t heard anyone sing the praises of Cartharho after sales of late!
I agree, it’s just that if there are any issues a Carthago dealer would usually have the skills and knowledge to carry out the repairs.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago E line 50 D
Exp
I agree, it’s just that if there are any issues a Carthago dealer would usually have the skills and knowledge to carry out the repairs.
On one of the latest Motorhome Matt podcast, they had a couple of dealers on stage, and they said that Carthago pay dealers a good rate for warranty work, and that any dealer should be prepared to undertake the work. They also said that this is unique as most other manufacturers only pay a percentage.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
That is because your white one has pre coated aluminium side panels and a Gel coat finish on the front end. Gel coat fades with age.
With the silver ones no reason for them not to match as they are sprayed.
And yet the silver and gold ones seem to be the worst .. the burstner models also suffer from it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back