barryd
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
There is a huge amount of musical talent within the Funster community. I could start naming them, but I know full well I will miss someone out and I don't want to upset anyone! Suffice to say there are a lot.

I thought as much hence the thread. I remember Mike (Makems) telling me he often did Funsters music meets etc. Do you still have them? Michelle doesnt go in for that kind of thing but I do.

OP
OP
barryd
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Here's one I did recently if anyone is interested. I'm a massive Gary Numan / Tubeway Army fan. In fact we went in May to see the 45th Replicas / Pleasure Principle Anniversary tour and it was excellent. I wrote this as a bit of a nod to Gary and that 79/80 era which was often about the rise of the machines etc. Gary was quite prophetic with the advances and worries about AI perhaps.

Don't get me wrong. Im not a technophobe after several decades working in IT but the story of this song is all about it getting into the wrong hands. The Numan sound was deliberate.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
So sorry to hear about your problems makems
I hope you are.able to get away in other ways now the motorhome has gone?
Thanks for the interest.
After trying various holidays (all-inclusive, random hotels, AirbnB etc) we have decided we hate flyingn anywhere. It has become such an unpleasant, uncomfortable experience but we have discovered we love no-fly cruises and like to get away as soften as the budget will allow. We have 5 cruises booked over the next 12 months including 5 weeks in January to the Caribbean and back and another 5 weeks around the Eastern Med.
It isn't just the visiting of far-flung places we enjoy but the whole experience of being in a very nice hotel with excellent restaurants that moves from place to place.
My wife has some mobility issues so we have to be careful about shore trips andIn fact we sometimes don't get off the ship if its somewhere that requires a lot of walking.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I'm a massive Gary Numan / Tubeway Army fan
By some sort of weird coincidence I lived next door to his Grandparents (from his Mums side) until I was 14, I used to call his Grandmother Aunty Bob growing up, I think her name was Roberta but her Husband called her Bobby, so Aunty Bob she was :giggle:, they were a lovely couple. I only remember Gary as a small child visiting his grandparents, although later on I was friends with a guitarist (later a successful record producer) who went to school with him, he wasn't enamoured with Gary's music at the time but was pleased that he had done well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
barryd
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Brilliant!! Mike (Makem) has a really good voice. Taking on an Adele song!! Bravo!!!

There is some old footage of the 2014 Fruitcakes / Facts meet somewhere but I think the quality was awful.

I remember thinking we would probably just play for an hour or something but I think Mike had us playing for more like 3+! It was my first and only music meet I organised. Well I say organised, as said if Mike hadn't turned up with all his gear and himself it would have been an absolute comedy of errors. :D

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Here's one I did recently if anyone is interested. I'm a massive Gary Numan / Tubeway Army fan. In fact we went in May to see the 45th Replicas / Pleasure Principle Anniversary tour and it was excellent. I wrote this as a bit of a nod to Gary and that 79/80 era which was often about the rise of the machines etc. Gary was quite prophetic with the advances and worries about AI perhaps.

Don't get me wrong. Im not a technophobe after several decades working in IT but the story of this song is all about it getting into the wrong hands. The Numan sound was deliberate.

I like that. I loved Gary Numan .
Your tune is like a Numan/Ossie vocal šŸ¤™

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back