Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Just rejoined as a fully paid up member after over a decade of absence. Ive not been on for a while because In that time I became an international Rock star. :love:

Just wondered if anyone else was into guitar, recording, writing stuff away in the van etc. I find the motorhome a great place to play or write songs (that sounds way more hippy blowin in the wind than it is). :D I wrote an actual Album in the old Hank the Tank motorhome in 2022 and some of it was recorded in the van off grid in a field on Flamborough head. The acoustics in the van are superb as its a total dead zone. Most of it was recorded at home though on shite gear usually under the influence of Scotch and Shiraz. :D

Its just for fun really. Anyone else?

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
If you get to any largish rally you will usually find a number of musicians who will get together to play. We often used to have the Funster Band at rallies, but never twice the same line up!

OP
OP
barryd
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Is Mike (Mackems) still on here? We did a motorhome Music meet via my own forum and Facts ten years ago at Croft Working mens club in their rally field. Was a barmy weekend. I seem to remember he used to perform at a few Funsters do's. Great guy and a pretty good guitarist.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Hi barryd good to see you back on fun :welbak:

I remember seeing some of your YouTube videos back on the darkside 🤙

And have you still got Fruitcakes ?

Have you still got Hank the Tank ?

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Is Mike (Mackems) still on here? We did a motorhome Music meet via my own forum and Facts ten years ago at Croft Working mens club in their rally field. Was a barmy weekend. I seem to remember he used to perform at a few Funsters do's. Great guy and a pretty good guitarist.
Still here Barry. Can’t believe that was 10 years ago. Sold the moho a few years ago and finally retired from gigging last year due to arthritis and after effects of a throat op. Haven’t got round to selling the guitars, amps, PA, lights and the mountain of other stuff yet

OP
OP
barryd
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Hi barryd good to see you back on fun :welbak:

I remember seeing some of your YouTube videos back on the darkside 🤙

And have you still got Fruitcakes ?

Have you still got Hank the Tank ?

Cheers Joe! Yep I still have Motorhome Fruitcakes. Thats been going over ten years now as well but its pretty dead these days. Just a load of nonsense but that was always the idea of that forum I guess. Hank the Tank has been replaced with Hank the Tank 2 just a few weeks ago. We are away in it now. Its what prompted me to rejoin this forum to be honest. Yeah I used to drunkenly post all sorts of music stuff on Facts and Fruits. Not sure the Funsters are ready for that yet. :D

The new Hank.

IMG20240714171915 (Medium).jpg

OP
OP
barryd
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Still here Barry. Can’t believe that was 10 years ago. Sold the moho a few years ago and finally retired from gigging last year due to arthritis and after effects of a throat op. Haven’t got round to selling the guitars, amps, PA, lights and the mountain of other stuff yet

Wahay!! Great to see you are still on here Mike. That was a brilliant few days at Croft. Thanks to you solely I might add it also wasn't a disaster. So sorry to hear you have had to retire from music due to arthritis and your throat op. Must be awful. You certainly know your way around a fretboard. I'm suffering a bit now with Arthritis in the hands which means I hardly ever play acoustic these days, open chords are tricky.

I got into recording about seven years ago and set up a home studio. Its a bit naff but I really got into it and it all works off 12v in the van! :D

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Wasn't aware of that Mike and so sorry to hear that.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
So sorry to hear about your problems makems
I hope you are.able to get away in other ways now the motorhome has gone?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I play guitar Liz sax flute and keys we're into jazz mainly but also other stuff but not rock or metal. We use a pa and amps as otherwise all you hear is the sax!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Just rejoined as a fully paid up member after over a decade of absence. Ive not been on for a while because In that time I became an international Rock star. :love:

Just wondered if anyone else was into guitar, recording, writing stuff away in the van etc. I find the motorhome a great place to play or write songs (that sounds way more hippy blowin in the wind than it is). :D I wrote an actual Album in the old Hank the Tank motorhome in 2022 and some of it was recorded in the van off grid in a field on Flamborough head. The acoustics in the van are superb as its a total dead zone. Most of it was recorded at home though on shite gear usually under the influence of Scotch and Shiraz. :D

I miss your old avatar but the clangers work just fine

Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Great to see fellow funsters musicians here. Particularly guitar players.
I also play guitar and have some music in Spotify.
I record my stuff at home, always thought about bringing a guitar to the van, but never happened. I thought about buying a guitar that was light and convenient to carry in the van like Martin jumar has.

Last edited:
May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp

I like your playing.

May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
I record my stuff at home, always thought about bringing a guitar to the van, but never happened. I thought about buying a guitar that was light and convenient to carry in the van like Martin jumar had.
Sounds good. I'll listen to some more later.

May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
I record my stuff at home, always thought about bringing a guitar to the van, but never happened. I thought about buying a guitar that was light and convenient to carry in the van like Martin jumar has.
You have an unusual style for a Spaniard and I find it refreshing. Let's face it, Spanish pop/rock music is not exactly world class.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Come on Peavy more info please... I'm a Spotify subscriber....what stuff have you recorded and under what Artist name...🇪🇦👍

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
Trombone player here - mainly classical and long time keyboard player in Pub and Function bands. Was also a music teacher for all my life before retirement. I always thought when I retired I would be able to really enjoy playing in bands as I'd have more time but in practice going away so much in the motorhome means I'm not around enough to commit to anything!!

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Yes I carry a Carbon acoustic....I also carry a Carbon fishing rod, but that doesn't make me a fisherman...🤭

OP
OP
barryd
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Martin, after a few years in a few bands, I have Ignür as solo stuff here.

Your stuff sounds superb!!! I feel a colab coming on!

This is the Album I recorded end of 2022, some of it recorded in the van. Its pretty easy in the van but Michelle hates me carting guitars and stuff about so I generally only take it and the interfaces etc if we go over to Flamborough head for a few weeks.

There are literally hundreds of tracks on my youtube channel also in my sig. Mainly bonkers stuff for a laugh for my mates to throw virtual rotten tomatoes at

I was quite proud of this though. Well a couple of half decent tracks. "Scream" and "Angel Delight" are probably my favourites. Totally different tracks though

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back