Another Shout Out for Offgrid Power Solutions (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 6, 2013
Mirfield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse G8
Exp
Since 2012
Last year I was fortunate enough to have found Nigel and Roger, purely by chance, as I used to live near their location. I wanted a system which would enable me to live full-time off-grid, and after a conversation with Nigel, I took my van to them to be kitted out.

I've had a few (very expensive) bad experiences in the past with 'cowboys' assuring me they can do a job, only to find second-rate, dodgy/dangerous workmanship, so as a result, I was wary.

Well, I have to say, Nigel and Roger are so approachable, knowledgeable, professional, and downright genuine people with integrity. Often, as a woman, I am spoken to and treated in a way that would not happen to a man, so it was refreshing to be accepted as an equal.

I recently sold my Coach Built van and before that happened I returned to see Nigel and Roger to have the system they had installed taken out of my old van and installed in the new A Class Motorhome. They found a brilliant place to install the Multiplus and the rest of the kit was installed under a lounge seat, meaning we lost no storage space. We also had two new solar panels on the roof.

Roger and Nigel have a very calm and confident approach and when it came to explaining the mobile app and how everything worked, they took their time and I didn't feel rushed. Similarly, their after-sales support is second to none, and trust me, they have needed to be patient. Nigel has always responded immediately to any query I have had, which is almost non-existent anywhere else in the industry.

As others have stated before me, their prices are competitive and the Motorhome Fun discount was a really pleasant surprise.

As always, thanks to Nigel and Roger for being top guys. If you need an off-grid solution, I believe there is no one better.

This is the kit I have installed:- Victron Energy Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 230v Inverter Charger - Victron Orion Tr Smart (360W) DC-DC Charger
Victron Energy Cerbo GX - Victron Energy Smartshunt 500 amp Battery Monitor (Bluetooth)
Victron Energy GX Touch 50
2 x Offgrid Custom 300Ah LifePo4 12v Battery Management System & Bluetooth
2 x 150w Solar Panels (added to a 150w I already had)

20240515_140323.jpg

20240515_140516.jpg

20240515_140615.jpg

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Last year I was fortunate enough to have found Nigel and Roger, purely by chance, as I used to live near their location. I wanted a system which would enable me to live full-time off-grid, and after a conversation with Nigel, I took my van to them to be kitted out.

I've had a few (very expensive) bad experiences in the past with 'cowboys' assuring me they can do a job, only to find second-rate, dodgy/dangerous workmanship, so as a result, I was wary.

Well, I have to say, Nigel and Roger are so approachable, knowledgeable, professional, and downright genuine people with integrity. Often, as a woman, I am spoken to and treated in a way that would not happen to a man, so it was refreshing to be accepted as an equal.

I recently sold my Coach Built van and before that happened I returned to see Nigel and Roger to have the system they had installed taken out of my old van and installed in the new A Class Motorhome. They found a brilliant place to install the Multiplus and the rest of the kit was installed under a lounge seat, meaning we lost no storage space. We also had two new solar panels on the roof.

Roger and Nigel have a very calm and confident approach and when it came to explaining the mobile app and how everything worked, they took their time and I didn't feel rushed. Similarly, their after-sales support is second to none, and trust me, they have needed to be patient. Nigel has always responded immediately to any query I have had, which is almost non-existent anywhere else in the industry.

As others have stated before me, their prices are competitive and the Motorhome Fun discount was a really pleasant surprise.

As always, thanks to Nigel and Roger for being top guys. If you need an off-grid solution, I believe there is no one better.

This is the kit I have installed:- Victron Energy Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 230v Inverter Charger - Victron Orion Tr Smart (360W) DC-DC Charger
Victron Energy Cerbo GX - Victron Energy Smartshunt 500 amp Battery Monitor (Bluetooth)
Victron Energy GX Touch 50
2 x Offgrid Custom 300Ah LifePo4 12v Battery Management System & Bluetooth
2 x 150w Solar Panels (added to a 150w I already had)

View attachment 897931

View attachment 897932

View attachment 897933

Sounds like good service.

Do you want to tell us how much, including fitting?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Sounds like good service.

Do you want to tell us how much, including fitting?
She had it transfered from her last van so won't really be relivant.

I called on on Roger & Nigel last week and walked away £3k lighter and I'm installing it myself.
They are very helpful & knowledgeable.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
She had it transfered from her last van so won't really be relivant.

I called on on Roger & Nigel last week and walked away £3k lighter and I'm installing it myself.
They are very helpful & knowledgeable.
Have you started yet? Weather is getting slightly better, always a plus when getting on the roof lol😇

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Have you started yet? Weather is getting slightly better, always a plus when getting on the roof lol😇
Sort of, took 4 hours to find where the solar cables ran, oh boy do Carthago hide things.
Then trying to get at the battery and work out cables runs, so far 2 days and not really got anyware.

After Hymers the build quality is to a whole new level which makes adding bits and running cables very difficult.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Sort of, took 4 hours to find where the solar cables ran, oh boy do Carthago hide things.
Then trying to get at the battery and work out cables runs, so far 2 days and not really got anyware.

After Hymers the build quality is to a whole new level which makes adding bits and running cables very difficult.
Proper challenge by the sound of it, I know space is precious but having absolutely everything in the garage is sounding much more uncomplicated, I am sure you get it done, measure twice, cut once eh😇😆

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back