Another Dometic fridge Dead (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Have you tried cleaning the pcb board with an alcohol wipe. Or a toothbrush to get rid of any white corrosion products that could be shorting across junctions/ solder joints

Apr 27, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bessecar
Hi last year while away we lost 249 volt on fridge. No dramas I'm thinking it will be the element.
We got by on 12v and gas for the trip. Go forward to this month when. I put van in for MOT service and fridge.

Go to collect van they tell me all's good. But on collection tell me my fridge needs a new PCB. They can't find any and if they could. Can't fit it as there have guy leaves that week.

Come home and started my own research. And having a good look see what I can do. Fridge I think worked on 12v on way home but wasn't cold cold. So I'm a little unsure.
I now couldn't fire it up on gas either and now no lights showing in fridge. Bit more poking and a chocolate box was rusty on one wire. 240 was getting to fridge socket ok.
So fridge out PCB out sent to applejack for repair. Day before good Friday they inform me they don't repair those boards at moment.

So now I'm uncertain what to do. I've asked applejack if they can check it works. But no idea if they can. And be a day or 3 I guess before they even let me know.
Now I'm thinking this fridge is 18 years young. A direct replacement used is approx £1200 new approx 3k.

If it's just PCB a new element approx £350 to £450 but is it those things ? Or then reading here a new Thetford be just over £1000.

I really don't know what to do tbh I'm no electrician can't use a multi meter. So can you clever people advise me please ? Thanks in advance Paul

Oops fridge is Dometic 7655L AES
Hi, we had a PCB repaired by this company in Sheffield. Absolutely brilliant top class service, well worth the trip ti drop it off and collect again although I think they offer postal service.
NOVA electronics
0114 244 7257

https://g.co/kgs/Dgsv9Sk

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
PORKSTER see my post #20! QER fixed our “unavailable and unrepairable” PCB and returned it within 48 hours for £60. It has worked perfectly ever since. I can’t recommend them highly enough.

Jan 7, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer S650 A Class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi last year while away we lost 249 volt on fridge. No dramas I'm thinking it will be the element.
We got by on 12v and gas for the trip. Go forward to this month when. I put van in for MOT service and fridge.

Go to collect van they tell me all's good. But on collection tell me my fridge needs a new PCB. They can't find any and if they could. Can't fit it as there have guy leaves that week.

Come home and started my own research. And having a good look see what I can do. Fridge I think worked on 12v on way home but wasn't cold cold. So I'm a little unsure.
I now couldn't fire it up on gas either and now no lights showing in fridge. Bit more poking and a chocolate box was rusty on one wire. 240 was getting to fridge socket ok.
So fridge out PCB out sent to applejack for repair. Day before good Friday they inform me they don't repair those boards at moment.

So now I'm uncertain what to do. I've asked applejack if they can check it works. But no idea if they can. And be a day or 3 I guess before they even let me know.
Now I'm thinking this fridge is 18 years young. A direct replacement used is approx £1200 new approx 3k.

If it's just PCB a new element approx £350 to £450 but is it those things ? Or then reading here a new Thetford be just over £1000.

I really don't know what to do tbh I'm no electrician can't use a multi meter. So can you clever people advise me please ? Thanks in advance Paul

Oops fridge is Dometic 7655L AES

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Quick up date traveled a long way yesterday bought same fridge. Spares repair Dosnt work because lost all refrigerant.

I've stripped it down completely into parts. I will fit the PCB tommorow 🤞🏻I possibly may send my PCB off again also.
Thanks for advice so far still learning 🤔

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Update I fitted the PCB from other fridge but it wasn't doing much. However I did kinda break a part on it but I did fix it. But did I fix it properly ? I did take apart and try again but didn't help. I'll show photo of bit.
So tried original PCB cleaned it all for 3rd time. Reassembled tries to ignite in gas and 13 volt works but no 240 still using element of 2nd hand fridge. I need to check the 240 feed to element to make sure it's PCB.
As for 2nd hand PCB I think it's ever so slightly different possibly slightly earlier as the LEDs are old school. And I maybe assembled switch incorrectly.
If you look at pics the black switch is s/hand PCB with switch that came apart itt has 2 tiny springs to make contact. Perhaps I've put them in wrong holes !
The one with blue pin in grey switch is original but I'm not taking that apart. I'm hoping maybe the 240 parts not working and can be fixed.

Still learning 🤣🙄🤔

PXL_20240413_134202882.jpg

PXL_20240413_134207009.jpg

PXL_20240413_131303736.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The black module on the back of the fridge that the ignition leads goes to, that unit does the switching for different power sources, try swapping that over. They are quite a common failuer on the 8000 series fridges, I don't know if they have been problematic on the 7000 series which your is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Tried that today Lenny no go. So first thing tommorow PCB gets sent away.

Only thing I havnt checked now is this solenoid

PXL_20240414_130502111.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Very Good day to you I now have a working fridge. Big thanks to Lenny for offering to pop up multiple times. Special thanks to Man the Van. I should have listened sooner.

Sent PCB to his suggested guy Monday mid morning arrived mid morning today. Fitted and BINGO.

How the Hell can applejack not do this beggers belief. All show no go comes to mind.

So I'm going to take fridge back out. Clean flue right up burner etc may even buy new one. Fit door of fridge I bought. And I'll have a nice fridge again 🤞🏻

Again Thank you everyone.
May have time to catch up on Tams journey now

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back