LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We have also had CMAC wardens who have been wonderful and gone way above what they needed to do. I always write to CAMC head office with praise and a copy to the individual campsite.

Only at one site has a warden been awfully obnoxious made worse as we had just had a bereavement.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think we are talking about CL type sites here, which normally, by their very nature, are more informal than other sites. I have been asked what time we are likely to be arriving, mainly so the owner can be nearby. I have never been told I would pay extra if I arrive after that time. The most common approach I receive when booking is “I’m usually somewhere around, ring the bell or ring this phone number, or I’ll put your pitch number up on the board, and I’ll text you the gate code.” Most CLs don’t have formal receptions or reception times and I don’t think you can equate it with a business appointment somewhere.
The ops post was about a club site with wardens. The person complaining about possible charges for late arrival said this

"When I received the booking confirmation it explaned that the site was part of a farm and they didnt want to sit around in reception waiting for late arrivals."

I think both have laid out clearly what the deal is!

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Have you ever been to a CAMC Site? There is never a problem about rearranging a pitch, people turn up choose their pitch and then return to the booking office to tell the warden which pitch they are on, that is usually when they give you the key code for the gate or toilets.
I wonder if you would have the same approach if you were having a meal in the restaurant and the staff let you have the widow seat you hadn't booked, found a cushion to sit on to make the seat more comfortable, then after the meal still charged you full price even though they had ran out of the Mushrooms which went with you main course and didn't have any bread rolls to go with your soup starter.
You would of course still leave them a big tip when you left out of appreciation.

Yes I have been to C&MH Club sites but not lately because, a few years ago, I and a number of other people, tried to book sites but couldn't because they were, supposedly, fully booked. You may have read it here on this forum before they changed their booking system.

This is my last post on the subject but, IF I have gone to a place to eat and they didn't have a bread roll for my soup (I would have been happy with a couple of bread slices) and they hadn't any mushrooms for the main course.

I would A either find somewhere else to eat and never return or, B expect to chose an equally delicious alternative dishes.
If they couldn't supply, I would revert to plan A!

I'm, perhaps, too easy going? 😄

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
If they have times that reception is open then if people arrive outside those times it's reasonable to charge. If I had an appointment for any other buisness and arrived late through no fault of my own I would expect to either have to make another ( and pay a cancellation charge) or pay for a late arrival especially if it's after their normal opening hours.
Reception was open till 3.30pm. That's a bit early to arrive in my view. If they didn't want to be there, they should have offered "Self check-in" when I booked.

May 26, 2023
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Swift c404
Exp
Amazing we start a thread praising the CAMC club for the their prompt service and two members find fault because we asked for a refund, what they failed to pick up on is that the extra nights were paid for after my admission to hospital and the site warden just applied the same rates from our original booking.
I wonder if the two keyboard warriors would question the amount when they made a booking if they were charged for an extra person.
No keyboard warriors, just people who cannot fathom how ungrateful you are.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Last edited:
May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
No I paid for the hospital bed through my National Insurance contributions, thanks for your comment very helpful….not.
Yes I also helped pay not only for your bed but also the treatment but no need to thank me🙂.
Hope you make full recovery.
I am happy to think that the payments I paid in national insurance for 50yrs benefited people less fortunate than I have been.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back