Annual Hab Check - Kent / Sussex (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Evening all

Does anyone have any recommendations please? In terms of AWS workshops, Invicta and Sussex Caravan Centre are my closest...

I'm also interested to hear whether people do get checks as frequently as annually. Mine's a 2019 vehicle.

Thanks in advance

Solution2
Thank you, yes, I am questioning its importance especially given my van is out of warranty although someone might do electric and gas checks which would go beyond anything I could do ...
Jul 25, 2022
Newington, Sittingbourne, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
Can't help with recommendation as mine is a Burstner and gets done by Cranham near Colchester (in fact being done by them this morning) but in terms of hab check frequency; if my Burstner (new in 2022) is not done within one month either side of its registration month (April), we lose our Burstner warranty. I understand this is not uncommon, so I suspect most people have a hab check done annually until their warranty expires?

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Unless required for warranty then not a lot of point in having them. The checks are only the sort of thing that you would spot yourself just by using your motorhome, with the exception of the damp check which you can easily do yourself. In nearly 50 years of motorhoming I have only once had a habitation check and was taken aback at how much was charged.

Upvote 0

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
You could see if there are any mobile engineers locally.

There is also a company called Habcheck but my son went to one of their customers yesterday and was less than satisfied with their attention to detail!

Upvote 1

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Hope this helps.
IMG_2882.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L
Mar 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Thank you, yes, I am questioning its importance especially given my van is out of warranty although someone might do electric and gas checks which would go beyond anything I could do ...

Upvote 0
Solution
OP
OP
L
Mar 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking

There is also a company called Habcheck but my son went to one of their customers yesterday and was less than satisfied with their attention to detail!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L
Mar 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking

cheers for this

Upvote 0
May 17, 2022
Stelling Minnis, Canterbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 1998
Thanks for the one do recall seeing them advertise where I store- perhaps same place as you! Shame I can't see any reviews online
My friend and I have used Steve for various fixes and fittings. He will come to you, good service and reasonable price! Thourally recommend him.

Upvote 0
Aug 3, 2021
Caterham-on-the-Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Pegaso - 740
Apologies but I'm just hijacking this thread as it asks the same question that I have now. We bought our Roller Team Pegaso new,1 year ago and the habitation check must be carried out between 26th April and 26th September to ensure that the warranty remains valid. The dealer we bought it from is in Cambridgeshire, we're in Surrey, so wondering about mobile hab check engineers or even a local dealership that might help us. Habcheck will book me in but what are peoples experiences with this company? Our local Roller Team dealership (Saxons) no longer do habchecks apparently. Can anyone recommend a good company that are in or around the Surrey, Kent, Sussex areas please?

Upvote 0

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Apologies but I'm just hijacking this thread as it asks the same question that I have now. We bought our Roller Team Pegaso new,1 year ago and the habitation check must be carried out between 26th April and 26th September to ensure that the warranty remains valid. The dealer we bought it from is in Cambridgeshire, we're in Surrey, so wondering about mobile hab check engineers or even a local dealership that might help us. Habcheck will book me in but what are peoples experiences with this company? Our local Roller Team dealership (Saxons) no longer do habchecks apparently. Can anyone recommend a good company that are in or around the Surrey, Kent, Sussex areas please?
Habcheck are the umbrella company for self employed engineers who have received Habcheck’s training the same as MCEA.

My son wasn’t impressed with the work of one of their engineers who had previously worked on a van he attended.

Upvote 0
May 17, 2022
Stelling Minnis, Canterbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 1998
Weald of Kent caravan services (see previous posts) he will come to you in Kent or E Sussex areas.

Upvote 0
Jul 25, 2022
Newington, Sittingbourne, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
July 2022
I can't speak for Rollerteam but I'm pretty certain our Burstner can only be hab checked by an official Burstner dealer (doesn't have to be the selling one) to keep the warranty valid. Worth checking your warranty small print.

Upvote 0
Aug 3, 2021
Caterham-on-the-Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Pegaso - 740
I can't speak for Rollerteam but I'm pretty certain our Burstner can only be hab checked by an official Burstner dealer (doesn't have to be the selling one) to keep the warranty valid. Worth checking your warranty small print.
I wondered this but am unable to find anything that specifically states that. I'm sure I could ask the dealership we bought it from but they're presumably unlikely to tell me what I want to hear. I'll check with a local Habcheck technician who will hopefully be honest about this with me.

Upvote 0
Aug 3, 2021
Caterham-on-the-Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Pegaso - 740
I wondered this but am unable to find anything that specifically states that. I'm sure I could ask the dealership we bought it from but they're presumably unlikely to tell me what I want to hear. I'll check with a local Habcheck technician who will hopefully be honest about this with me.
Just checked the warranty and it states" The services specified by this warranty are supplied exclusively through the network of Dealerships, the Manufacturer's workshops and the authorised workshops of the technical assistance network. Any cost borne by the customer for interventions at non-authorised centres will not be refunded".

It's the bit in bold that I guess I need to clarify. Would Habcheck or a local technician be a part of the technical assistance network?

Upvote 0
Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Apex Motorhome Services in Mereworth, Kent.
Tom is a qualified fitter for Truma, Fogstar, Alde, Gaslow, Whale and just about every company who makes stuff for motorhomes. He also does mechanical servicing and work, hab checks, solar, lithium, 12v, 230v, aircon, omnistor, water stuff and Gas Safe work. The only thing he doesn't do is MOTs and fluid change on Fiat Comfortmatic.

He is a motorhomer who is happy to chat and advise, but his service centre is incredibly busy. I think he is now booking for November. But when it comes to quality of work and very good pricing, I won't go anywhere else, unless it is to Adams Morey for the comfortmatic!

Upvote 0

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
Just checked the warranty and it states" The services specified by this warranty are supplied exclusively through the network of Dealerships, the Manufacturer's workshops and the authorised workshops of the technical assistance network. Any cost borne by the customer for interventions at non-authorised centres will not be refunded".

It's the bit in bold that I guess I need to clarify. Would Habcheck or a local technician be a part of the technical assistance network?
You need to check with the manufacturer or the dealer which workshops or 'schemes' are authorised in order to maintain the warranty.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back