Oct 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
N&B 920LE
Exp
Experienced!
Hi
im looking to swap out my Seneca unit, has anyone had experience of this new alpine unit, or can somebody recommend something suitable for an iveco?

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Fitted the ducato version 4 weeks ago. And replaced pioneer and Tom Tom truck.. The alpine is a great price of kit

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
I have the similar one in my fiat. I like it but the tom tom does have a strange way of sending you on a weird route sometime, it also tried to keep diverting me due to traffic congestion, that is not always there. But I like it, it's fast ,clear and easy to use. But expensive.

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Oh and I also upgraded and added 2 extra speakers just behind the seats on the roof.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Sorry to spoil the party but my experience with the Alpine unit is not so good.I originally had the 902 fitted but had so many problems with the navigation part of the unit its unreal.Alpine customer support was very difficult to get hold of but were very obliging once i made contact.However 2 replacement head units later(the last one being a 903)the original problem remains.
it is to to with the gps forgetting where it is or suddenly losing its position,often mid journey.They have replaced the gps aerial 3 times but still cant sort it.I have now given up because it become too embarrassing to keep contacting them.I can park up at home one day and the next the map shows i am parked down an adjacent street.
To be fair when it works its fine.However i could not rely on it,especially if navigating through strange areas or town centres.The music and bluetooth side of the unit are brilliant,faultless.However i bought mine mainly for navigation and it has badly let me down.

OP
OP
Whizzer
Oct 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
N&B 920LE
Exp
Experienced!
Sorry to spoil the party but my experience with the Alpine unit is not so good.I originally had the 902 fitted but had so many problems with the navigation part of the unit its unreal.Alpine customer support was very difficult to get hold of but were very obliging once i made contact.However 2 replacement head units later(the last one being a 903)the original problem remains.
it is to to with the gps forgetting where it is or suddenly losing its position,often mid journey.They have replaced the gps aerial 3 times but still cant sort it.I have now given up because it become too embarrassing to keep contacting them.I can park up at home one day and the next the map shows i am parked down an adjacent street.
To be fair when it works its fine.However i could not rely on it,especially if navigating through strange areas or town centres.The music and bluetooth side of the unit are brilliant,faultless.However i bought mine mainly for navigation and it has badly let me down.
Where is your gps aerial mounted?

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Where is your gps aerial mounted?
It has been moved 3 times.Presently it is under the trim on the front of the van which,according to Alpine,would give a perfect place to receive the satalites.

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
I have been using Copilot gps on my tablet for the past 3 weeks in France & Spain.It has been faultless.Gave up on the FIAT Nav.Tried to send me down too narrow streets in PERIGUEUX.
🍻😎

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
All I can say it was fitted by a professional installer, including the extra speakers, we also had reversing camera and rear view camera fitted as well. I use android auto with it and park 4 night is included. Currently in Denmark, and has worked fine, apart from a couple of weird directions, as stated above

OP
OP
Whizzer
Oct 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
N&B 920LE
Exp
Experienced!
I’ve but the bullet and having it installed. Will report my findings

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
I’ve but the bullet and having it installed. Will report my findings
Good luck hope everything is ok.If you need any advice or help please get in touch as i believe i am somewhat of an expert😬Alpine ring me for help now😂😂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back