Alphatronics blank screen

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 2005
Hello,
I've just made a bit of a cock-up. I have an Alphatronics 40" tv with a blank screen. It's a dumb screen with a separate processing box. I was flicking through the settings and, just to see what would happen, I set Eco Mode to High. Immediately the screen went blank. I can still hear the tv program but can't see it. With a blank screen I can't see the menu system system to reset anything. I've tried the obvious - turning it all off and on again, disconnecting from the power supply, waiting 15 minutes and starting it up again, shouting at the tv. But still a blank screen. The Alphatronics customer support doesn't answer emails and the automated switchboard speaks to me in German before disconnecting.
Has anyone come across this issue - and has anyone solved it?

Thanks

OP
OP
C
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 2005
On the side of the screen there are 3 buttons - on/off, Source/vol, and vol. I've tried pressing and waggling them. I can turn the tv on and off. But still a blank screen. I tried the trick of disconnecting from power, pushing the power button for 30 secs and powering back up again. Still no joy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Maxview P&D Manager
Exp
Since 2021
Ok, can you check the multipin connector is seated properly on the back of the panel and the remote box?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
On some tv's you can hold down the on button and it starts a reset..
Worth a try..

OP
OP
C
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 2005
I don't know how to tell teh operating system without being able to see the screen. The motorhome is 3 years old so the tv will be 3 or 4 years old.
I will take the photos and send the email.

BTW I did get through to Alphatronics but they are all on holiday, as yesterday was a national holiday. I was given the number of Maxview as their service partner. I guess you are from Maxview, Lee.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Maxview P&D Manager
Exp
Since 2021
Hi ChrisN,

Yeah I'm from Maxview, ignore that automated message and keep pushing them for an answer via email (inc. Johannes). With the serial number they should be able to suggest a fix.

OP
OP
C
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 2005
Happy Footnote.
With support from Lee at Maxview and the service team team at Alphatronics, I was able to download an update file, transfer it to a USB stick, and plug it in to the tv. It worked! I have a fully operational TV again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Good old Alphatronic, worst TVs I have had the misfortune of owning. Thank goodness Morelo have ditched them as of this year, they are moving to Avtex.
Sorry I can’t offer any help other than chuck it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back