Alde tank rotator/pump not getting 12v (1 Viewer)

Apr 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Adria Adiva 553PH
Hi guys :)

I have a little problem. I get heat on my Alde 3010 and it circulate but not getting as hot as I liked. I programed it to 22° but 7h later it was 16° inside (outside temp 4°).
I noticed that the 12v motor pump/stirrer in the alde glycol tank is not working. I took the pump out and tried the wire on 12v battery and it started instantly.
I think the heating problem is because of that tank pump.

I have unplugged everything in the alde and put it back but pump wont start. The fuses are fine in the alde system.

Do you guys have any idea why the pump wont get 12v?

-- the picture is the pump Im talking about.

Screenshot_20240414_092708_Chrome.jpg

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
based on your investigation so far, it could be a wiring fault - when was the last time it worked? have you dislodged any cable etc. could it be a fault on the switch itself? is it possible to isolate the pump from the control unit, add a 12v temp feed and see if the heating then works as it should?

OP
OP
Fusidan
Apr 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Adria Adiva 553PH
based on your investigation so far, it could be a wiring fault - when was the last time it worked? have you dislodged any cable etc. could it be a fault on the switch itself? is it possible to isolate the pump from the control unit, add a 12v temp feed and see if the heating then works as it should?
My next plan is to connect 12v battery on the pump and them Ill see if the system works perfectly.

It worked fine last summer. I just started the Caravan yesterday after getting it from winter storage and then the pump wont switch on.
My father inlaw is an electricity engineer and maybe Ill talk to him about measure if there is any 12v from the Alde boiler to the wires that are connected from Alde boiler to the motor pump

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Try switching the pump to continuous running on the control panel. If it runs the pump and the wiring are OK, probably some thing with the control settings.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I would say first thing is to contact Alde who are very knowledgeable & helpful ...

Contact​

Address:
Alde International (UK) Ltd
Huxley Close
Park Farm South
Wellingborough
Northants
NN8 6AB
UK

Tel: +44 (0)1933 677765
E-mail: info@alde.co.uk

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Sometimes those pumps get a little tired and although they will run out of the water/glycol they stall when submerged, have you tried yours out of the tank but with the proper 12v connected? or have you had a voltmeter on the wired top check that there is no 12v power?

OP
OP
Fusidan
Apr 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Adria Adiva 553PH
Sometimes those pumps get a little tired and although they will run out of the water/glycol they stall when submerged, have you tried yours out of the tank but with the proper 12v connected? or have you had a voltmeter on the wired top check that there is no 12v power?
I took the pump and connected it to 12v battery and it start spinning so there is not problem with the pump/motor.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I took the pump out and tried the wire on 12v battery and it started instantly.

I took the pump and connected it to 12v battery and it start spinning so there is not problem with the pump/motor.
So, now that you know the pump is working, have you used a multimeter to check a 12v supply at the other side of the pump connection. If no 12v there, then you need to work back the way. If 12v is there, then this would confirm funflair Martin's suggestion of a tired pump failing when under load.

Good luck. (y)

Jock. :)

OP
OP
Fusidan
Apr 14, 2024
Funster No
MH
Adria Adiva 553PH
I found out the problem :) One damage wire between boiler and tank pump. Everything works fine now.

I also found out that my Alde system has 2x pump. One 230v silent inline pump that runs when the caravan gets 230v and one 12v in the tank that runs on the battery.

Thanks for the answers :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back