Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 22, 2020
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E582
Exp
2011, 11.6m cruiser on Thames for 5 years before
If you go on the Alde UK website, as I just did, it says that A class fluid change takes 3 hours and costs £440. A caravan or C class is 2 hours and £296.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I did my own on a previous motorhome, no issues and really easy. I do get frustrated when people say it's a four or five hour job.....

Do you honestly think they stand around watching the system drain/pump out and don't get on with other jobs? It's the same as an oil change, we get billed for the time it takes to drain, NOT the time spent watching it drain, which is nothing, because they do other jobs whilst it's draining....

I suggest watching a few you tube videos and if you're feeling it's within your skill set, then have a go. All you do is drain it out and fill it up again, bleeding the system as you would with home central heating ...

And for those of you that think I'm knocking Alde systems, or even Alde themselves, I'm not ... I wish we had Alde, it's far superior to anything else, so much so I would be tempted to install my own 'equivalent' if I could find one! It's only a central heating system after all, and I've done a fair few of them in my time ....

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
I did my own on a previous motorhome, no issues and really easy. I do get frustrated when people say it's a four or five hour job.....

Do you honestly think they stand around watching the system drain/pump out and don't get on with other jobs? It's the same as an oil change, we get billed for the time it takes to drain, NOT the time spent watching it drain, which is nothing, because they do other jobs whilst it's draining....

I suggest watching a few you tube videos and if you're feeling it's within your skill set, then have a go. All you do is drain it out and fill it up again, bleeding the system as you would with home central heating ...

And for those of you that think I'm knocking Alde systems, or even Alde themselves, I'm not ... I wish we had Alde, it's far superior to anything else, so much so I would be tempted to install my own 'equivalent' if I could find one! It's only a central heating system after all, and I've done a fair few of them in my time ....

Have a look at Bobil Vans… nice little project for you swapping to diesel powered wet heating system, including underfloor should you wish. I bought my 12/230v hot water tank from them.

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
We’ve used Alde twice now in 20+ years excellent service they check everything and I’m happy to pay for very good service.😊

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back