Oct 11, 2019
Shrewsbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Prestige 115
Exp
Since 2019
Hi All,
I usually find what I need amongst the excellent previous posts, so this is my first time asking a specific question.
Our Elddis Prestige 115 has developed a growling sound coming from the offside windscreen / door pillar, where the Autowatch 695RLC alarm status light is located. This happens as we drive along. The sound lasts a few minutes and then is silent. The fun starts when we have to stop. We arrived at our campsite on Friday, got out of the cab and the full alarm goes off without being activated, it also doesn't respond immediately to the disarm button on the Peugeot key fob. This time it did respond to the Autowatch remote disarm button.
When returning from Bristol area on Monday we stopped at Gloucester services and had no problems with the alarm, so we decided to head to a National Trust property near Hereford on our way home to Shrewsbury. During the journey the alarm 'growled' at us again and when we stopped we had the full siren sound. We were unable to stop it this time and had no option but to drive off, with everyone giving us dirty looks. The alarm made more strange noises and eventually stopped until we arrived home and got out of the cab again. The alarm would not respond to the disarm function so I tried in desperation the arm button, it bleeped as usual and then stopped when disarmed.
We have locked the vehicle with key only for now. This is the second trip we have had problems, so we replaced PIR batteries and key fob batteries. Our previous problem with bonnet switch was resolved with plate fixed to bonnet lining and we have had no problems with the rear door sensor. The vehicle has been locking and alarming normally up to now.
We have contacted a local Autowatch installer but they can't look at it until mid June and we would like to go away again before then.
Does anyone know if we can disarm the system temporarily by removing a fuse or by other means, until we can get the alarm repaired.

Cheers,
John and Tracy

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
If guess that something is shorting out somewhere. Maybe a wire has rubbed and worn through? Or maybe there's just a poor connection?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Hi All,
I usually find what I need amongst the excellent previous posts, so this is my first time asking a specific question.
Our Elddis Prestige 115 has developed a growling sound coming from the offside windscreen / door pillar, where the Autowatch 695RLC alarm status light is located. This happens as we drive along. The sound lasts a few minutes and then is silent. The fun starts when we have to stop. We arrived at our campsite on Friday, got out of the cab and the full alarm goes off without being activated, it also doesn't respond immediately to the disarm button on the Peugeot key fob. This time it did respond to the Autowatch remote disarm button.
When returning from Bristol area on Monday we stopped at Gloucester services and had no problems with the alarm, so we decided to head to a National Trust property near Hereford on our way home to Shrewsbury. During the journey the alarm 'growled' at us again and when we stopped we had the full siren sound. We were unable to stop it this time and had no option but to drive off, with everyone giving us dirty looks. The alarm made more strange noises and eventually stopped until we arrived home and got out of the cab again. The alarm would not respond to the disarm function so I tried in desperation the arm button, it bleeped as usual and then stopped when disarmed.
We have locked the vehicle with key only for now. This is the second trip we have had problems, so we replaced PIR batteries and key fob batteries. Our previous problem with bonnet switch was resolved with plate fixed to bonnet lining and we have had no problems with the rear door sensor. The vehicle has been locking and alarming normally up to now.
We have contacted a local Autowatch installer but they can't look at it until mid June and we would like to go away again before then.
Does anyone know if we can disarm the system temporarily by removing a fuse or by other means, until we can get the alarm repaired.

Cheers,
John and Tracy

The Autowatch siren/sounder on an Elddis is normally fitted to the bulkhead under the driver's side "A" post, so that's probably where your growling is coming from.
It may well be that the siren/sounder which also contains the electronic gubbins has gone rogue, but if you're looking for a fuse to pull, then it will be worth a look at your PDU 12v fuses as I have a specific fuse for the alarm on our Elddis 175.

1716310047579.png

OP
OP
J
Oct 11, 2019
Shrewsbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Prestige 115
Exp
Since 2019
The Autowatch siren/sounder on an Elddis is normally fitted to the bulkhead under the driver's side "A" post, so that's probably where your growling is coming from.
It may well be that the siren/sounder which also contains the electronic gubbins has gone rogue, but if you're looking for a fuse to pull, then it will be worth a look at your PDU 12v fuses as I have a specific fuse for the alarm on our Elddis 175.

View attachment 899888
Thanks, Two on Tour, I will go somewhere quiet to try this as don't want to upset the Neighbours!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back