Airbag ECU faults on Peugeot motorhomes (7 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 4, 2020
Essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
I’ve been reading of many people having these faults and whereby Crashdata appear to be able to correct some of the faults, certainly it was a temporary fix in our previous Bailey 765 the fux only lasted a few months!!

I was just wondering, with our motorhomes having ability to turn round the drivers and passengers seats, could this be a major cause of these faults occurring?

We don’t seem to get Peugeot Boxer van owners complaining about aurbag failures as much as motorhome owners!

Any comments welcome.

Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
In my humble opinion, I think your normal Peugeot van owner uses his van a lot more than campervan/motorhomes and thus the van doesn’t stand around a lot doing nothing! In this “stand” time the battery voltage can drop maybe causing the airbag fault!

Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Our ecu went on a Peugeot base Oct '23.
It's fitted with a Fiat air bag ecu which was replaced. You only get a 1 year warranty on it though, 2 years if replaced on a Fiat based vehicle.

May 17, 2022
Stelling Minnis, Canterbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 1998
Many on the forum know more than I, but after airbag failure and a repair I am now particularly careful to allow all lights on dash to extinguish after turning ignition on before turning engine over.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We don’t seem to get Peugeot Boxer van owners complaining about aurbag failures as much as motorhome owners!
If you look on the Fiat forums there are quite a few fault reports on vans.

Most vans are company owned so if it goes wrong it gets fixed and no one starts posting on forums about it.

Best to get a new ECU the repairs generally don't last.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back