Air Suspension (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

louloudodge

Free Member
Jul 12, 2024
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic s plus
I have front air suspension but when I go over a small bump or a pot hole it seems so hard and it rattles the complete dashboard, the air pressure is set at 2.5 bar. Help

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Very high for the front.
When you say you have front air suspension do you have full 4C air as I have never heard of it just on the front or did you mean rear?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

louloudodge

Free Member
Jul 12, 2024
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic s plus
Very high for the front.
When you say you have front air suspension do you have full 4C air as I have never heard of it just on the front or did you mean rear?
Hi Lenny, will have to have a look and check as only had van 8 weeks, only have one pressure gauge on dash for it.
Will get back to you.
Thanks

Upvote 0
May 13, 2014
Bury St. Edmunds
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
I have our front air set at 3BAR.
Tyres 55-60psi. (225/75 R16 tyres)
That's for a 6.7 ton Iveco Daily base vehicle!
Contact your tyre manufacturer and they will advise on tyre pressures for your actual axle weights, I did this with Continental and they were happy to send a sheet with all the tyre pressures for different axle loads.

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Hi Lenny, will have to have a look and check as only had van 8 weeks, only have one pressure gauge on dash for it.
Will get back to you.
Thanks
Are you an A class?

Normally you have full air or just on rear, we just had vb air on rear and advised to set at 2 bar then adjust as required after running it a bit to get used to it. Only driven a couple hundred miles so still at 2 bar, now fully loaded and out later so will monitor it.

We have 2 gauges in front (left & right) and 2 buttons for compressor.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

louloudodge

Free Member
Jul 12, 2024
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic s plus
I have our front air set at 3BAR.
Tyres 55-60psi. (225/75 R16 tyres)
That's for a 6.7 ton Iveco Daily base vehicle!
Contact your tyre manufacturer and they will advise on tyre pressures for your actual axle weights, I did this with Continental and they were happy to send a sheet with all the tyre pressures for different axle loads.
Thank you, I also have a Iveco base Daily, will do some rectification and try again.
Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

louloudodge

Free Member
Jul 12, 2024
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic s plus
Are you an A class?

Normally you have full air or just on rear, we just had vb air on rear and advised to set at 2 bar then adjust as required after running it a bit to get used to it. Only driven a couple hundred miles so still at 2 bar, now fully loaded and out later so will monitor it.

We have 2 gauges in front (left & right) and 2 buttons for compressor.
A class, thank you for your advice, will be doing adjustments I think
Thanks

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Thank you, I also have a Iveco base Daily, will do some rectification and try again.
Thanks
Our Iveco based Daily 60/65C 17 A Class, comes with rear air suspension, with VB semi air added to the front.

Fully loaded in holiday mode, we run at 4 x bar pressure on the rear, and 3 x bar pressure on the front. The tyres are Falken Eurovan Allseason 2, 225/75/16C running at 4 x bar pressure all round.

HTH,

Jock. :)

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
It reads like you have rear air assist and that will be the rear, not the front.

You are running high tyre pressures, but also what type/model of tyre are fitted. If they are camping tyres they are really really hard and give a terribly crashy ride. Van tyres are softer.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back