Air fryer or oven (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 2, 2023
Funster No
MH
Dreamer Fun Camper 5
Our new-to-us moho has no oven. Old van had 'proper' Thetford 3-ring/grill/oven cooker, which was regularly used to the full. How do other funsters manage with typical European galley configuration?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The shelves in my oven are non stick and are very easy to clean, wipe with a paper towel and into soapy water the same as you would with any pan, I use foil on the drip tray so I can just throw any fat away once it's conjealed.
The ones I looked at they were bare aluminium, the more expensive ones were power hungry I wanted less than 2kw, we don't do EHU

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
A Daewoo Manual one only 35 quid in Robert Dyas, quite impressed with it. It's 1400 watt, 4 Lt.

I was looking at this one, our little tower vortex one is great for the 30 quid it cost.

Tower T17147 Vortx 4.2L Digital Air Fryer with 8 Cooking Presets, 60 Minute Timer, 1400W, Black https://amzn.eu/d/0eLZPKyE

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
The ones I looked at they were bare aluminium, the more expensive ones were power hungry I wanted less than 2kw, we don't do EHU
Mine is 1500w there is a link to it in post #17.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We've never had an oven in any of our 4 motorhomes but had a microwave with grill on the last two vans. EHU needed for the microwaves though. Only really useful for ding dinners.

I always have a slow cooker as that runs on solar or engine via an inverter. I do alsorts of food in the slow cooker including baked chicken and baked potatoes. Liquid is not required for a slow cooker.

I know others like the MrD cooker but I can't comment never having had one.

Upvote 0
Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
We have Daewoo oven type at home had it 3 years bought a cheapo draw type for van did not get on with it so bought an oven type for van much more versatile.
What make is the oven style air fryer that you have in your motorhome please? Think the oven style would suit us better

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We never put fat/oil in the air fryer. If its something like chips we use that low calorie spray stuff, loads of salt, pepper, paprika etc. mix it in a bowl before hand, bung it in than a quick squirt with the low cal stuff every now and then, lovely! And no stink.
Chicken with skin on amongst others is stinky😏

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2023
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
Air Fryer, every time. Take it home and put it in the dishwasher from time to time. With an induction hob, electric kettle, micro, toaster and air fryer, life is flexible to the extreme.

And it all uses free power.

Tony
Puzzled. How does it use free electric, only if plugged in on site?

Upvote 0
Mar 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Totally new to motor homing - but very eager to learn! :)
Air fryer all the way... I've never used my oven and bought an air fryer in Greece as thought it was time to actually cook something instead of salads every day! I'm only sorry I didn't buy one sooner!

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2024
Funster No
MH
Imminent Purchase!
It is but the fan is far more powerful and with the cavity being quite small it cooks food faster than a fan oven.
First thing I did was put some ovenproof paper in the drip tray to make cleaning easier..... Big mistake, it was blowing around like a kite in a storm.
Fan appears more powerful because the space is smaller.

Tower (various sources , Currys) do silicon moulds for most shapes (we have them for our Ninja AF400) and they are both genius, and don't blow around.

Less food sticking as well.
J

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2022
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
Since 2005
Puzzled. How does it use free electric, only if plugged in on site?
Are you not an ex tugger? The electric is free as its included in the pitch fee, hence ovens with electric hotplates to cook on, awning heaters, heating on full electric, hot water running 24/7 etc ;) :rolleyes: :unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That's wot the Craven Club was all about, until motorhomes came along :rolleyes::unsure:;)

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend A
Exp
July 09
We don't have oven either, what air fryer did you get, our little 2.2l 1000w is OK but a bit small.

Cooked the lasagne and garlic bread in the remoska last night.
Havent read the replies but lakeland have a sale on.

500 grams worth of chips can be cooked in a 1350 watt air fryer for 40 quid. Smaller one (250 grams of chips) for 30 quid.

Contact Wombles for even more discount if you buy something else with it.

There is one less of the 40 quid version !

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back