AIB Insurance 15% Funster Discount (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 24, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build low profile
Exp
Since 2012
Hi,
Just tried to get a quote with AIB, wanted £85.00 extra to include breakdown cover and they couldn't come close to Caravan guard who's price includes breakdown cover with no length or weight restrictions. Comfort was similar but breakdown cover was restricted to 3.5T and 6.4mtrs. Just highlighting this as it does pay to shop around.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I've been told that by Darren for the last 2 years renewals when deciding if I will renew with them. Obviously if you are only 2 years away it makes sense and will influence you to stay with them. But you only have his word for it.

The moment of truth is just around the corner. I'll give them the benefit at the moment.
I was told the same by Jordan of AIB (not the Katie Price Jordan) when I had three vehicles with them, I moved elsewhere when they couldn't match a quote by a long way.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Hi,
Just tried to get a quote with AIB, wanted £85.00 extra to include breakdown cover and they couldn't come close to Caravan guard who's price includes breakdown cover with no length or weight restrictions. Comfort was similar but breakdown cover was restricted to 3.5T and 6.4mtrs. Just highlighting this as it does pay to shop around.
They have called me today to confirm vehicle details for renewal .too late caravan guard got my business yesterday.

I'd already decided within a week of taking out a policy with them u would not renew. They were too much like hard work.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 21, 2015
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Rapido 787f
Exp
Since June 2004
Been with AIB a few years now,this years renewal quote was £396-00 that's up from £299-00 last year,they told me all insurances have gone up and that's the best they can do.Had a ring round and have decided on Ripe Insurance they quoted £335-00 like for like.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I have also had it's already included when asked for fun discount.

My renewal is 1st sept so will request quote after 1st aug.
For the last 2 years I've been told that it would be a shame to leave them so close to the 10 years as a valued loyal customer you get a free years insurance. They were never the cheapest for me on quotes but as we had full European breakdown cover included and it always happened to be renewal during holidays we stayed with AIB.

Well this is 10 years with them. So let's see if Darren is true to his word.

I will definatly post the results when they are in.
Hi Fragle
Have you had any word yet on your free 10 year anniversary insurance renewal ?
We're all hanging on holding our breath 🤣

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Hi Fragle
Have you had any word yet on your free 10 year anniversary insurance renewal ?
We're all hanging on holding our breath 🤣
Good morning.

I will report back on a new thread.

Nothing sorted as yet just had a few discussions with them regarding this and hopefully sorting this week.

I will say that my renewal has gone from £470 up to £1491:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: No change in circumstances

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Been with AIB a few years now,this years renewal quote was £396-00 that's up from £299-00 last year,they told me all insurances have gone up and that's the best they can do.Had a ring round and have decided on Ripe Insurance they quoted £335-00 like for like.
Have you used a discount code for RIPE?

Here's my 20% code link

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi,
Out of interest, where did you read/learn of the Comfort breakdown cover vehicle size restrictions? I’ve just looked at their breakdown cover insurance policy document (via link from policy renewal email) which states the following for the covered ‘vehicle’…

IMG_0721.jpeg

Jul 24, 2022
St Albans, UK
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
Motorhome noobs: Looking for a motorhome/campervan
Insurance renewal time again, so I phoned AIB for a quote and with the MHF discount applied it was £599, but they would not divulge what discount had been applied to the quote. This leaves me wondering if we really do, as MHF forum members, get any discount from AIB.

For the exact same level of cover, 8k miles pa, my Comfort renewal this year is £357.

Other quotes were:
RIPE £557
Peter Best £614
CAMC £993

CAMC did say at the start of the quote process that they would beat my renewal quote by £25. When they quoted me the £993 I asked them to confirm their offer on beating renewal quote by £25 and told them the Comfort quote was £357. The agent said he needed to 'do a bit of work on his computer' and put me on hold.

After 45 minutes then line went dead. I have a full recording of the conversation, as no doubt do they, but I can't be bothered to follow this up with Insurance Ombudsman as life's too short and I've got better things to do.

So, for the 9th year in succession, Comfort will get my business again👍
I wish I had seen your post 10 minute ago. I just insured with AIB, after 5 quotes they were the cheapest and life is too short to get any more quotes. I didn't talk to Comfort. I'll try them next year. Ripe wanted me to get a thatcham approved imobiliser so it wasn't worth going with them for insurance this year.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
3 years 30,000 miles UK and Europe.. Campsites and off Grid.
Insurance renewal time again, so I phoned AIB for a quote and with the MHF discount applied it was £599, but they would not divulge what discount had been applied

It's all smoke and mirrors. I wouldn't be swayed by any talk of discounts. It's just an advertising ploy for them. No option other than ring around lots of companies, get quotes, compare price and cover, maybe try to knock them down if you find a cheaper quote elsewhere but better cover somewhere else.

Apr 21, 2015
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Rapido 787f
Exp
Since June 2004
Very much appreciated Bobby-gg I got the 20% discount so thanks to you and thanks to Motorhome Fun.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
just had a quote from ripe when i read it euro cover not included so i sent them an email to include it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back