AIB Insurance 15% Funster Discount (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 3, 2021
Caterham-on-the-Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Pegaso - 740
I would if it was our A Class MH being ensured, as a genuine replacement windscreen is around £4.5K to £5K. :cry:

Is yours an A Class?

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Yes, a Roller Team Pegaso 740. It seems impossible to find anything that shows the cost of a replacement screen online barring on this forum where price indications seem to range from £2,500 to £5,000 +.

Thanks for the reply Jock. I'll go back to them and see if any other options are available.

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Been chasing insurance for PVC I'm looking at purchasing..some of the quotes are absolutely horrendous..so I'll give them a whirl..thanks

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Even with the discount they are still more expensive than others offering the same LV insurance but the breakdown cover was better
Pressure selling and scare strategies used this is a one day only offer.
We will see when I call them back later to renewal date not had chance this week as intended

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Even with the discount they are still more expensive than others offering the same LV insurance but the breakdown cover was better
We will see when I call them back later to renewal date not had chance this week as intended
Update went with AIB or the breakdown cover as the price was the same as everyone quoting LV then got request for ncb , not got it OK your renewal request sent that
Now not good enough
Today another email can i contact LV surely as a broker and the vehicle was already insured with LV this is reflected in the quote
Now at this moment I have a oung lady on the phone saying that not producing will not effect the policy
As it is now past the 14 days I now waiting to find out how much to cancel it
They will refund me in the region of £250
Now Adam has told me it's not needed and will not effect the policy but will next year

Buyer be ware the funster discount dose not make it any cheaper than other brokers

BUYER BEWARE

If I did not want to use the van all dealings with them would cease

And yes I'm furious

Oct 5, 2019
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
pilote,g740
Exp
since 2019
just had quote from aib £379 aviva ,,comfort,,aviva £345 looks like staying with comfort ..even though the charge £25 to change address on policy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Justin Dean

Free Member
Jan 11, 2024
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640
I work in insurance and let me tell you not all insurance is the same, just because it is cheaper does not mean it is the same cover as the more expensive quote, could be much worse and cheaper, it happens all the time and only gets found out when trying to claim

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I work in insurance and let me tell you not all insurance is the same, just because it is cheaper does not mean it is the same cover as the more expensive quote, could be much worse and cheaper, it happens all the time and only gets found out when trying to claim
That’s interesting but how do we know which policy to choose? 🤔

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
That's the same with everything including all the stuff in supermarkets. But it's equally true that if you pay more it won't necessarily be any better.
How do you see the industry I generally see it as paying someone to take a gamble that you won't claim during the year and that if you can afford to take the risk yourself overall you're going to save money unless you're unlucky

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
I'm more than a bit late to this thread so hope not repeating something but it might be worth mentioning - my son works in insurance and advised me to never leave getting insurance until almost due because 'they' know you're about to start getting desperate / short of time to shop around etc so won't give you their 'best price'.
As in 'not the price that's best for you'.

I just renewed with Comfort, price increase over last year less than inflation 😍
(Joined them originally as the only people I could find who'd recognise & transfer NCB entitlement from my car.)

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Ageas Highway and LV are all under the same banner, Ageas own the lot. AIB breakdown cover was better with a 5ton MH. Aviva formerly NU are no longer covering MHs.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Update went with AIB or the breakdown cover as the price was the same as everyone quoting LV then got request for ncb , not got it OK your renewal request sent that
Now not good enough
Today another email can i contact LV surely as a broker and the vehicle was already insured with LV this is reflected in the quote
Now at this moment I have a oung lady on the phone saying that not producing will not effect the policy
As it is now past the 14 days I now waiting to find out how much to cancel it
They will refund me in the region of £250
Now Adam has told me it's not needed and will not effect the policy but will next year

Buyer be ware the funster discount dose not make it any cheaper than other brokers

BUYER BEWARE

If I did not want to use the van all dealings with them would cease

And yes I'm furious
I don't understand AIB asking for proof of NCD, they don't offer it on motorhome policies and so I'm surprised they are asking for it.
They usually base quote on driving record so they told me.
But I suppose it may different between underwriters ? I know they moved me this year from markerstudy to AGEAS

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
I don't understand AIB asking for proof of NCD, they don't offer it on motorhome policies and so I'm surprised they are asking for it.
They usually base quote on driving record so they told me.
But I suppose it may different between underwriters ? I know they moved me this year from markerstudy to AGEAS
I've got to start looking this year but dropping the milage from 10000 will make a huge difference. I hope. I have all the contents on the same policy so if there is a claim its all in one and house contents are not an issue .
Standard mh contents bearly cover the cost of 2 pairs of good walking boots let alone my rolex :wink:

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
Forgot to ask about Funster discount😡😡

But managed to get this year at a slight increase on last year via AIB. Maybe not too bad considering all the price hikes recently.
There's a Funster discount?!? 😱

If only I'd known!!!

Ah well, next year.... Thank you for mentioning.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Tried to renew with AIB - 54%increase even with discount! Took out a policy with Comfort instead with only 15% increase on last year. No brainer.
I understand that insurers want to balance their portfolios of who is on their books so price in odd ways. Might be wrong.

But it is strange that they seem to deliberately price some good, long standing customers out of their market.

Oct 22, 2023
West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F60
Exp
Newbies as of June 2024
I just had a quote with AIB. I got all the way to receiving the price, then mentioned the MHF discount. Best he could do was £84 off the quoted price of £869. Still more expensive than the quotes I've had so far and AIB is lower cover.

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Have been quoted by AIB a bit higher than my present insurer. Then had to call back to be sure it included the requested euro cover and euro breakdown. They had forgotten that!
So thats gone out of the window. Also told them that i was a MHF member and what about the 15% discount, to be told it was ready included.
Despite not having told them previously that i was entitled to it!
Nuff said, i'll look elsewhere
Mike

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Have been quoted by AIB a bit higher than my present insurer. Then had to call back to be sure it included the requested euro cover and euro breakdown. They had forgotten that!
So thats gone out of the window. Also told them that i was a MHF member and what about the 15% discount, to be told it was ready included.
Mike
I'm looking elsewhere do to a fiasco last year with them

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Mike
That's my experience at renewal time as well, exactly why I wasn't a returning customer for them this year. Perhaps they don't want motorhome business any more, unless it's bog standard vans 🤷‍♂️
Mike.

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Insurance renewal time again, so I phoned AIB for a quote and with the MHF discount applied it was £599, but they would not divulge what discount had been applied to the quote. This leaves me wondering if we really do, as MHF forum members, get any discount from AIB.

For the exact same level of cover, 8k miles pa, my Comfort renewal this year is £357.

Other quotes were:
RIPE £557
Peter Best £614
CAMC £993

CAMC did say at the start of the quote process that they would beat my renewal quote by £25. When they quoted me the £993 I asked them to confirm their offer on beating renewal quote by £25 and told them the Comfort quote was £357. The agent said he needed to 'do a bit of work on his computer' and put me on hold.

After 45 minutes then line went dead. I have a full recording of the conversation, as no doubt do they, but I can't be bothered to follow this up with Insurance Ombudsman as life's too short and I've got better things to do.

So, for the 9th year in succession, Comfort will get my business again👍

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
So you work in insurance do tell as victim of a break in, loss of two vehicles the moho insurance (Moho not stollen) went from £350 to over £3k each of the new vehicles also skyrocketed so as a no fault claim our accounts are flagged as F although it’s no fault. The insurance industry seems to want to punish the victims of crime. Even when the wife’s car was found along with the individual driving nothing happened in regards to insurance cost. So you’re right not all insurance is the same but the insurance brokers / underwriters are in relation to no fault claims where the industry can’t get their money back.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
So you work in insurance do tell as victim of a break in, loss of two vehicles the moho insurance (Moho not stollen) went from £350 to over £3k each of the new vehicles also skyrocketed so as a no fault claim our accounts are flagged as F although it’s no fault. The insurance industry seems to want to punish the victims of crime. Even when the wife’s car was found along with the individual driving nothing happened in regards to insurance cost. So you’re right not all insurance is the same but the insurance brokers / underwriters are in relation to no fault claims where the industry can’t get their money back.
It would at least be better if they're flagged it as C for claim against your policy rather than at fault although the bonus is actually a no claims bonus rather than no fault bonus.

Oct 22, 2023
West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F60
Exp
Newbies as of June 2024
Insurance renewal time again, so I phoned AIB for a quote and with the MHF discount applied it was £599, but they would not divulge what discount had been applied to the quote. This leaves me wondering if we really do, as MHF forum members, get any discount from AIB.

For the exact same level of cover, 8k miles pa, my Comfort renewal this year is £357.

Other quotes were:
RIPE £557
Peter Best £614
CAMC £993

CAMC did say at the start of the quote process that they would beat my renewal quote by £25. When they quoted me the £993 I asked them to confirm their offer on beating renewal quote by £25 and told them the Comfort quote was £357. The agent said he needed to 'do a bit of work on his computer' and put me on hold.

After 45 minutes then line went dead. I have a full recording of the conversation, as no doubt do they, but I can't be bothered to follow this up with Insurance Ombudsman as life's too short and I've got better things to do.

So, for the 9th year in succession, Comfort will get my business again👍
I waited for them to give me the price then said "oh sorry, I forgot to mention, I'm a member of MHF and we get a 15% discount". I too was on hold ages while they had a conflab about it and managed almost 10% off, not 15%.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Mike
I have also had it's already included when asked for fun discount.

My renewal is 1st sept so will request quote after 1st aug.
For the last 2 years I've been told that it would be a shame to leave them so close to the 10 years as a valued loyal customer you get a free years insurance. They were never the cheapest for me on quotes but as we had full European breakdown cover included and it always happened to be renewal during holidays we stayed with AIB.

Well this is 10 years with them. So let's see if Darren is true to his word.

I will definatly post the results when they are in.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I have also had it's already included when asked for fun discount.

My renewal is 1st sept so will request quote after 1st aug.
For the last 2 years I've been told that it would be a shame to leave them so close to the 10 years as a valued loyal customer you get a free years insurance. They were never the cheapest for me on quotes but as we had full European breakdown cover included and it always happened to be renewal during holidays we stayed with AIB.

Well this is 10 years with them. So let's see if Darren is true to his word.

I will definatly post the results when they are in.
Really I’ve never seen that advertised anywhere, this is our 6th year with them.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Really I’ve never seen that advertised anywhere, this is our 6th year with them.
I've been told that by Darren for the last 2 years renewals when deciding if I will renew with them. Obviously if you are only 2 years away it makes sense and will influence you to stay with them. But you only have his word for it.

The moment of truth is just around the corner. I'll give them the benefit at the moment.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I've been told that by Darren for the last 2 years renewals when deciding if I will renew with them. Obviously if you are only 2 years away it makes sense and will influence you to stay with them. But you only have his word for it.

The moment of truth is just around the corner. I'll give them the benefit at the moment.
Let me know please that’s a great incentive to stay with them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back