Aguri Satnavs - experience sought. (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Considering replacing our small screen Tom Tom Camper with an Aguri as advertised in the Camping Club magazines.

Would appreciate pro and con views from users please.

Thanks

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I bought one earlier this year and it was the biggest mistake I ever made it’s an AGR 760 it takes ages to boot up and the info on screen is not large enough even on largest setting and the instructions are dire. Don’t Buy one is my advice🤔😊

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
In the end I did a trade in trade up deal with the Garmin help team and swapped my duff camper 760 for a new Garmin camper 1095 they gave me £270 for my old one which made the new one a decent price for a 10” screen. You can only get this offer through their help team😊

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2022
Bradford, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 711
Exp
Since 2009
Coincidence… I have an Aguri 720 and I am sat here reviewing a number of Sat Nav to replace it.

The Aguri has a number of good features, but as Speve mentions it is slow to boot up, one of the issues is if it is set to auto start Dash Cam ( not sure if model you are looking at has this feature) it needs to start the dash cam, then you have to exit this menu leaving dash cam running, then go into navigation.

Also, if sat nav is turned off you have to go thru a number of menus just to resume your current journey.

Other issues I have, exceeding speed limit is just a bleep, carry on exceeding limit and there is no further warning, speed camera alerts are hit and miss.

As I say there are plenty of good features, just giving some of my negatives, but I am now of a mind to try something different to see how it compares.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Plugged ours in the other week outside the house it said it was updating It seems to me to do that whenever we use it. Well we put some fuel in the moho and headed for the M6, it finally finished doing its updates. When we tried to tell it where we wanted to go it would not program. We have had this happen once or twice before! we do not know what causes it to do this. The strange thing about it is it knows exactly where we are, steep hills or sharp bend and speed camera's all being relayed to us. Very odd to say the least, we tried doing a re-set several times all to no avail.

For the life of me I cannot figure how it knows exactly where we are but won't let us tell it where we want to go, adding to that I plugged it in to my laptop when we got home and it appeared tp work perfectly.

I was just about ready to throw it out the window the other week, but i was conscious of not wanting to litter the countryside!

You might as well buy a £50 Trucker type one from evilbay and save yourself a couple of hundred quid in my opinion.

Mar 2, 2021
UK & Europe
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2017
We have an Aguri AGR720 that we have used extensively since 2017. In contrast to other users, we have had no issues with it. We have not used any other sat nav with our mh, so cannot comment on other systems but we would recommend it.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I certainly agree with most of this. Very slow to boot up. Inserting the van widths etc does not help. Countless times I found that it would suggest certain turns where you could see it was totally unsuitable, you'd drive past that turning then it would literally forget all about widths and heights to put you back on its already ridiculous original route. Once I got easily and safely to a campsite in the Italian lakes using my TomTom. But looking at the map I thought I'd use the Aguri to find the best route along or past Lake Como. It said "no route possible"! But I'd got there safely! I asked for money back, they refused but sent me a visor hood that kept falling off. For me, it was useless. No better than the cheapest TomTom. Sat navs have to be use knowing they are not faultless, but as a general, and very useful help. But following them blindly is no help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back