After we die .. ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
A question I've pondered over.. what happens to our digital data, photos, etc. when we die ?
well, Google have come up with a product:

Google has opened a new service to let people control what happens to their email, online photos and blogposts saved in its accounts, as concern grows over what happens to users' "digital life" when they die.

Called Inactive Account Manager – which Google's Andreas Tuerk accepts is "not a great name" – it will let users decide whether to trigger it if they haven't logged in for three, six, nine or 12 months, and then either delete their data or send all or selected elements to a nominated person of their choice.

More on this story

and
http://googlepublicpolicy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/plan-your-digital-afterlife-with.html

where to find it

https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/account/inactive

Last edited:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Great idea.

When my father died 2 years ago
No one had his login code for facebook.

We still get pictures of him on facebook do you know this person.
Facebook cant close his account they said only he can do that.
But i dont think they have internet yet up there.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We've had threads on passwords before and how we remember them all, well my answer is I can't. I have 3 pages on a word doc with financial/government log ins stored and another with 4 pages of less sensitive log ins, both protected with a password I have to remember. If I disappear off the forum for more than a couple of months then you'll know I'm gone! :Sad:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Iv`e told my better half where my a4 paper with passwords ,for everything is hidden away if i have to nip off quick:Eeek:

All my grandfather had to do was tell my nan where the key to his bureau was hidden-- times change

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
Usefull app, Keeper, store all your files etc on it only one password needed, totally secure.

Bob:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back