Affordable vet options in France, Belgium or Germany for Rabies jab. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
Going over to France in June to get the dog an updated rabies vaccine. We can go to Belgium if needed or even Germany. Reccomendations from anyone for a sensibly priced vet?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I used these guys

Clinique vétérinaire du cèdre​

Bourg-Achard Nr Rouen
Handy for Mailleraye sur Seine aire too.

Or in the other direction Dr Christine Jacout in Mons is also good.

Both are reasonably priced and speak good English. With both I emailed first for availability and cost.

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
Deauville
Best vet we ever found for our nervous collie cross
Passport and rabies jab
Very reasonable
Everywhere else he’s needed a muzzle and holding down
Here he produced a bit of ribbon on his snout said a few words and the jab was done
Marvellous

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Sep 6, 2016
Northants/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Rapido 646F
Exp
Since 2016
Brilliant vet, very helpful very reasonable prices

I made an appointment to see Lieve on my way home to the UK yesterday for her to give my Labrador Milo a Rabies jab and issue a Pet Passport for him. She's a very nice lady and put Milo at ease before the injection. The paperwork was completed without fuss or delay. Parking is easy outside her clinic, but be aware the multitude of cyclists. I can certainly recommend her. The cost of the passport was €95 and payment is preferred in cash.

May 19, 2024
Funster No
MH
Don't own one

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We're booked into one at Fumay on 24/6.

Booster for Minky and worming for all 3 including tablets quoted €71.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We're booked into one at Fumay on 24/6.

Booster for Minky and worming for all 3 including tablets quoted €71.
Just to update this, went to the vet, lovely cheerful chap who spoke good English, total cost was €71.50, certainly one to go back to in the future if we're travellng back that way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2021
Tiverton, UK
Funster No
MH
rapido i1090
Exp
since 1996
hi,
we have a dog which has been vaccinated, we want to take her to France, i think we will need a pet cert from England to take her.
i want to get her an eu passport when over there we will only be there 2 weeks.
can any one advise what we need to do to get her a passport and also we are thinking of going to Morocco next year so we are hoping to get everything sorted and not have to get the injections etc carried out again before we go to Morocco.

thanks in advance
chris

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
hi,
we have a dog which has been vaccinated, we want to take her to France, i think we will need a pet cert from England to take her.
i want to get her an eu passport when over there we will only be there 2 weeks.
can any one advise what we need to do to get her a passport and also we are thinking of going to Morocco next year so we are hoping to get everything sorted and not have to get the injections etc carried out again before we go to Morocco.

thanks in advance
chris
You need to get an AHC to take her over the first time. Cheapest to use one of the online companies. The rabies jab though, will need to be done at least 21 days in advance of the AHC. When you get an AHC it has to be within 10 days of travel.
Once that is sorted, it is easiest to go to Belgium for a Pet Passport. The rabies jab will last for 3 years. You may find a vet willing to copy over rabies information from your AHC but don’t worry if they say they must give another, it will not harm you pet just your pocket.
I am not sure if you need a titre test for Morocco, others may advise.

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
You need to get an AHC to take her over the first time. Cheapest to use one of the online companies. The rabies jab though, will need to be done at least 21 days in advance of the AHC. When you get an AHC it has to be within 10 days of travel.
Once that is sorted, it is easiest to go to Belgium for a Pet Passport. The rabies jab will last for 3 years. You may find a vet willing to copy over rabies information from your AHC but don’t worry if they say they must give another, it will not harm you pet just your pocket.
I am not sure if you need a titre test for Morocco, others may advise.
Lieve in brugge is very good on pricing.
Just got our next visit booked for return tablets €45 for 2 large one small dog. Petpassport of memory was about€90 for two dogs and that included rabies.
Vet in france last summer was €120 for worming fir 2 dogs.

OP
OP
Lazyboy
Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
For anyone who may be interested we visited a vet in France today, near Calais, for our dogs Rabies "booster".
The vet was:-
Clinique Veterinaire Cath'Pattes
ZAE des 2 Caps Nord
Alle des poissonniers
6250 Marquise
Tel 0044 (0)3.21.99.76.41
Cost for Rabies jab and theconsultation was 47 euros and 50 cents.
No problem. Very polite and helpful. 3 year vaccine administered and passport filled in correctly.

We used this one in the end for rabies booster as shown and also on then return for worming and passport "filling in".
We also took the opportunity to have a seriological blood test taken ready for Morocco later in the year. The Spanish vet will accept the result to save issues. We just have to email it when it comes through to us.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back