ADVICE PLEASE ! Seal and protect - underside floor & chassis - Dekalin dekaphon 9735 (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 9, 2023
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star
Hello

I’m looking for a product to protect the underbody floor of my 2005 Burstner Motorhome.

I believe the floors are made of ply wood?

The underside of the floors is of black colour underneath. I believe this were treated by Burstner when the Motorhome was built?

I’ve noticed some areas could do with a bit of TLC, so want to make sure I can prevent any future problems.

I’m looking for a product to treat/re-coat the wood flooring under the Motorhome. A product that helps keeping water and moisture out BUT that is breathable so that moisture can escape. Definitely don’t want a product that seals the moisture in or hides damp.

I came across Dekalin dekaphon 9735 which looks really good on paper but before I commit to anything I wanted to triple check to make sure I’m doing the right thing.

Anyone used this before?

Is this suitable for wood flooring AND DOES IT LET THE WOOD BREATHE?

Can this by used on metal too like the chassis underneath and wheel arches etc or wood only ?

Thank you
Regards

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
It contains naphtha and solvents so works by evaporation of the underseal when applied, I would try a hidden area first as the solvents and naphta may react ( make very soggy/liquid) with what is already applied If no reaction it would be fine its a standard underseal/body shultz

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I
Aug 9, 2023
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star
It contains naphtha and solvents so works by evaporation of the underseal when applied, I would try a hidden area first as the solvents and naphta may react ( make very soggy/liquid) with what is already applied If no reaction it would be fine its a standard underseal/body shultz
Thanks good point ☺️

Upvote 0
Oct 23, 2017
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747 - 2
Exp
Since 2007
I hope this helps
Reviews from Amazon
IMG_3596.jpeg