ADVICE NEEDED - Dometic RM7655L Freezer cold fridge warm (8 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 9, 2023
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star
Hi

As per above title, I’m struggling to find the cause of why our fridge doesn’t cool as it should OR I’m I asking to much?

the Motorhome was bought 3 months ago (2005 Burstner) and while away in warm (ish) weather (around 25 degrees) we noticed the fridge wasn’t cooling. The temperature inside the fridge was around 17 degrees.

THE FREEZER however was reading -6 degrees 🤔🤔🤷‍♂️

So we took it back to the dealers we bought it from only to be told they had run some tests and didn’t find anything wrong with it.

Their test showed:
-Run the fridge on both, 240 and gas and recorded readings. After 4-6 hours of operation their readings showed fridge temperature was around 5-7 degrees (note this completely empty fridge) on both fuels.

So we went and collected the Motorhome back got back home and started doing some tests - note the weather now is a lot cooler compared to when we found it was reading around 18 degrees back in the warm summer week we had 😁😁

Anyway plug on 240 first let it run for around 8 hours internal temperature was 9 degree

Switch it off for the night the next day switch it on gas after approx 7 hours it was reading 7 degrees (empty fridge)

NOTE the freezer was reading -19 degrees

I since did a bit of research and came across few posts here about replacing the thermal paste behind the metal fins so… great I thought order some GD900 from Amazon and got on with the job

Taken the fins out and found the old paste (grey colour ) was all very dry scrap it all out and clean the back of the fins, then went to clean the black condenser pipe and applied 2 x30g tubes of the GD900. Fitted everything back and spend the last 2 days restrung it all again only to find - very little to no difference 🥲🥲🥲

Could anyone more experienced then me suggest any other possible causes/fixes ??

Is the black condenser pipe that runs behind the fins the same for both fridge & freezer ?

I find very strange that the freezer cools down to -19 and the fridge struggles ?

Is 7/9 degrees normal for this fridge (empty)?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

OP
OP
I
Aug 9, 2023
Leeds, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star
Faulty temp. sensor or its connection to the power module ?
No no idea sorry does this helps ?

IMG_7810.png

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
No no idea sorry does this helps ?

View attachment 957439
I think the temp. sensor should be on the cooling fins inside the fridge and is connected to the control module that is behind the control panel
There is a service manual for the Dometic 7 series fridge that may help on page 4 of Manuals for Motorhome stuff section of resources (shown at the bottom of this page)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back