Adding a WiFi mini breaker (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 2, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Knaus Van Ti 640 MEG
Exp
Had a variety of tents, tipis, motorhomes, caravans and now back to a coach built motorhome!
Is it possible to add a WiFi mini breaker to my motorhome consumer unit so that I can remotely turn off and on my Victron 15a blue smart charger? It’s not possible in the victron app.
I did look at a WiFi fused spur that I could use to do this but that’s quite big and bulky and then saw that WiFi mini breakers were a thing.
IMG_2570.jpeg

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Looks like you have space on the DIN rail next to your other circuit breakers, enough to fit one or even two of these. They clip on, and can be easily unclipped with a screwdriver to release the clip.You may have to cut a bit out of the cover to allow it to go back on - the section required might simply break out.
It has a lot of extra functions (timing, metering etc) so you may be able to find a cheaper one that just does on/off.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Is it possible to add a WiFi mini breaker to my motorhome consumer unit so that I can remotely turn off and on my Victron 15a blue smart charger? It’s not possible in the victron app.
I did look at a WiFi fused spur that I could use to do this but that’s quite big and bulky and then saw that WiFi mini breakers were a thing.
View attachment 928985

Why do you physically want to disconnect your Victron 15a blue smart charger ?

If you then re-connect your solar charger without first disconnecting your solar panels, then your Victron solar charger may auto select 24v mode as I understand it as it senses the voltage your panels are producing.

You can stop the Victron Smart Solar chargers from producing an output via the Victron Connect app by toggling the "Charger Enabled" option in the "Battery" menu.

1722162665582.png

OP
OP
DaveS
Jan 2, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Knaus Van Ti 640 MEG
Exp
Had a variety of tents, tipis, motorhomes, caravans and now back to a coach built motorhome!
Why do you physically want to disconnect your Victron 15a blue smart charger ?

If you then re-connect your solar charger without first disconnecting your solar panels, then your Victron solar charger may auto select 24v mode as I understand it as it senses the voltage your panels are producing.

You can stop the Victron Smart Solar chargers from producing an output via the Victron Connect app by toggling the "Charger Enabled" option in the "Battery" menu.

View attachment 928999
Its not the solar one, its the mains charger and you can't turn it off like you can the solar controller. My inverter has an auto pass through and when on the inverter I need to keep going in to the garage to switch the mains charger off when the consumer unit is powered by the inverter. I have a manual switch at the moment, I'd simply like an electronic switch to make life easier.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DaveS
Jan 2, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Knaus Van Ti 640 MEG
Exp
Look on Amazon for a remote relay switch. Inexpensive and work well.. or a remote socket switch which sits between the plug of your charger and the socket it’s connected to. ✔️

Edit: would this work for you?

Not really as the charger is all hard wired in to the consumer unit. I think the wifi mini breaker is the neatest solution.

OP
OP
DaveS
Jan 2, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Knaus Van Ti 640 MEG
Exp
Looks like you have space on the DIN rail next to your other circuit breakers, enough to fit one or even two of these. They clip on, and can be easily unclipped with a screwdriver to release the clip.You may have to cut a bit out of the cover to allow it to go back on - the section required might simply break out.
It has a lot of extra functions (timing, metering etc) so you may be able to find a cheaper one that just does on/off.
Perfect thank you, I think that's exactly what I'm after.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back