Adblu

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
carthago 143 le
Exp
15 years
i expect this has come up before. the 10 litre bottle of adblu from halfords has a filler pipe which does not reach the plate in the filler tube. i have a narrow piece of rubber tube with a funnel. this is less than ideal, as i end up with soaking shoes and trousers. must be a better way. perhaps wearing waders and wellies! bright ideas anyone?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Great topic, I was going to raise the consumption rate at the first service later this month on my 2021 Swift Escape, I estimate I’m using 1 ltr for every hundred miles, I though that was excessive but probably not if other posts are similar
I think 1 liter/100 miles is about normal for AdBlu consumption.
That is the sort of figure we are getting on our 2018 Mercedes Sprinter based motorhome

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
i expect this has come up before. the 10 litre bottle of adblu from halfords has a filler pipe which does not reach the plate in the filler tube. i have a narrow piece of rubber tube with a funnel. this is less than ideal, as i end up with soaking shoes and trousers. must be a better way. perhaps wearing waders and wellies! bright ideas anyone?

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
This is the nonsensical lack of joined up thinking which in trying to solve a problem is actually creating an issue counter productive to the problem it is trying to solve. I wonder what the effects of non adblue emissions are against the emissions of the production, packaging and transportation of Adblue to the customer at 1ltr per 100 miles!!!!!

Upvote 0

Sapper520

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
2020 manual gearbox Boxer 140 bhp. On delivery adblue tank not full - estimated about 10 litres filled. Filled to brim at 1029 miles - this is where the stats start. Current miles 8025 - filled adblue yesterday. Adblue consumption is averaging 3.29 L per 1000 miles. Usage is reducing - compared to 3.41 L per 1000 miles at 4641 miles. Fuel MPG is improving as the miles are increasing.

About the same as my 2020 Ducato, manual, 140bhp. MPG improving, definitely smoother and more go after it’s last service. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
I'm a newbie
Am I missing something?
Why don't people just fill up at the pumps at petrol stations. It's much cheaper than containers and no mess.
Absolutely, no mess whatsoever, no finding a home for residual container (trust me, you don’t want to spill it). and you only pay for what you use. If you see an AdBlue pump, then top keep topped up. It’s that simple!

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson 788
Exp
20 years
And I thought our Iveco was greedy @ 10 ltrs per 1000 miles
Flipping heck it can be then around £1 every 100 miles , there must be a better way to deal with emissions, buying bottles/ cans of this stuff then disposal of containers adds to pollution

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Our new July 22 140bhp 2.2 Ducato Auto has done 2000’ since the 19L tank was checked & topped up full and the gauge is saying I’ve used 25%, so I’m guessing between 5 & 10L given the gauge is only in 4 segments. This seems to fit in with Drexl & Sapper520 above and after an average 33mph 1900’ tour of Scotland.

The hardest thing I found was working out how to see the gauge for that and the oil level, not simple these days ☹️

I bought a 10L bottle before I got the van but won’t do that again and will use the station pump instead. I’m keen to wait to be able to put the full 10L in in one go. A visit to the Fiat dealer recently suggested they were found to be good on consumption, so I shall see.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Roy assuming you have the Fiat 140 do I take it it only has an electronic dipstick or does it have a proper one as well?
No dash300 I personally found all the electronic dashboard a bit difficult to navigate, you know I had issues with the electric parking brake but now think I fully understand that and what it does and does not do.

I sat for ages trying to find the oil and adblue level, knowing in my mind I had seen them before the holiday. There is no dipstick at all and contrary to what you would expect you can only find them on the dashboard when the engine is actually running. The online manual is lacking but I know from it that if I had the Maxi chassis the different dash has it there all the time, what’s that all about ☹️

When you get yours at least there will be a few of us around on here to be able to share their knowledge as it expands. 😊.

I’m keen to speak to new Adria owners too who have the new control panel, like Phil89a once he gets settled into it, as there is no book out for it ☹️ and I’m sure mine is not working properly and definitely not as intended with the Mach Combi system. The dealer is onto it but still no answers yet from Adria.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
No dash300 I personally found all the electronic dashboard a bit difficult to navigate, you know I had issues with the electric parking brake but now think I fully understand that and what it does and does not do.

I sat for ages trying to find the oil and adblue level, knowing in my mind I had seen them before the holiday. There is no dipstick at all and contrary to what you would expect you can only find them on the dashboard when the engine is actually running. The online manual is lacking but I know from it that if I had the Maxi chassis the different dash has it there all the time, what’s that all about ☹️

When you get yours at least there will be a few of us around on here to be able to share their knowledge as it expands. 😊.

I’m keen to speak to new Adria owners too who have the new control panel, like Phil89a once he gets settled into it, as there is no book out for it ☹️ and I’m sure mine is not working properly and definitely not as intended with the Mach Combi system. The dealer is onto it but still no answers yet from Adria.
Thanks for that Roy. I find the lack of a dipstick on my Volvo a real pain. It's such a fiddly rigmarole to get to the electronic oil level that I just don't bother any more and just wait for the 'add 500ml of oil' message to appear which although it works I do miss a simple dipstick and mk1eyeball; never had a dipstick fail me! I have ordered the Maxi Chassis so I'll let you know how it works, and like you why a different dash is mystifying!

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson 788
Exp
20 years
Thanks for that Roy. I find the lack of a dipstick on my Volvo a real pain. It's such a fiddly rigmarole to get to the electronic oil level that I just don't bother any more and just wait for the 'add 500ml of oil' message to appear which although it works I do miss a simple dipstick and mk1eyeball; never had a dipstick fail me! I have ordered the Maxi Chassis so I'll let you know how it works, and like you why a different dash is mystifying!
On my Volvo xc 60 there is a dipstick it's a job to see and get at at front of engine very low down.
Sorry for going off post , but it is important for some Volvo owners

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
On my Volvo xc 60 there is a dipstick it's a job to see and get at at front of engine very low down.
Sorry for going off post , but it is important for some Volvo owners
You are right for the XC60 with the D5 engine, it has as you say a very small hard to access service dipstick and the Police order them with the extended dipstick which owners of the D5 can also order; there is a part no. for it. However the 4 pot VEA engined XC60 (mine) has no dipstick whatsoever or facility for one to be fitted, believe me I have made all the enquiries with the Volvo Forum techies! How I would love to be proved wrong as I do miss having a dipstick!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC
2022 Ducato 2.2 160BHP 9 speed auto 10 litres ADBLU after 2000 miles........
Was the Adblue tank full when you got it? The usually are not.
My 2021 Ducato 160bhp 9 speed auto did 3000 miles from a full tank before the Adblue light came on.
Recently averaged 36mpg over 2000 miles when measured tank to tank. Mostly driving in cross winds. At one point got 42mpg after 50 miles.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1986
Absolutely, no mess whatsoever, no finding a home for residual container (trust me, you don’t want to spill it). and you only pay for what you use. If you see an AdBlue pump, then top keep topped up. It’s that simple!
Not at all simple for us. Because in our motorhome it's impossible. We can do it with only 2 fillers because of the low height above the adblue tank. One is from Mercedes and the other from Total In France
We are constantly searching for these attachments. They are extremely expensive on the internet

Upvote 0

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
You are right for the XC60 with the D5 engine, it has as you say a very small hard to access service dipstick and the Police order them with the extended dipstick which owners of the D5 can also order; there is a part no. for it. However the 4 pot VEA engined XC60 (mine) has no dipstick whatsoever or facility for one to be fitted, believe me I have made all the enquiries with the Volvo Forum techies! How I would love to be proved wrong as I do miss having a dipstick!
Someone once said all Volvo owners were dipsticks or dummies but I have no idea why 🧐🤣🤣

Upvote 0

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks but, most reliable car, comfortable I have had, and I've had a lot, and had 100's of cars come through my garage, you could do worse
I know they are good cars but they were always at the butt end of the antique joke🤣 I had a p1800 many years ago looked great but heavy to drive 😊

Upvote 0

ROCHESB

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Itineo SB740
Exp
SInce 2002
I had a T5R 850 estate as a company car. it ate tyres but was a brilliant towcar when we had a touring caravan. I could do 0-60MPH in just under 10 seconds with the caravan on the back.......

Upvote 0

Phil89a

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp

Ask away Roy. Still getting settled in but think I have worked out most of it (that I know of 😀). Away from the van for a week, but will answer anything that I need van access for when I get back.

Upvote 0

ROCHESB

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Itineo SB740
Exp
SInce 2002
On our 2.2 160BHP vehicle the full digital dashboard allows you to display ADBlue levels and oil level without having the engine running. You can also check coolant & oil temperature.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
On our 2.2 160BHP vehicle the full digital dashboard allows you to display ADBlue levels and oil level without having the engine running. You can also check coolant & oil temperature.
That’s what I mean, they are all different. I can’t do any of that I have to have the engine running.

Cheers Phil89a ill be in touch.

Upvote 0

Sapper520

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
That’s what I mean, they are all different. I can’t do any of that I have to have the engine running.

Cheers Phil89a ill be in touch.

Could it be as simple as needing a software update Roy? :unsure:

I haven’t seen one of these new Fiat dashboards in the flesh. In the new Skoda I’ve got on order I didn’t go for the electronic dashboard as it was an expensive upgrade.👍

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Could it be as simple as needing a software update Roy? :unsure:

I haven’t seen one of these new Fiat dashboards in the flesh. In the new Skoda I’ve got on order I didn’t go for the electronic dashboard as it was an expensive upgrade.👍
Unfortunately not Sapper520 they are different dash instruments and mine has the info, you just have to scroll through the minute to get it and re the oil & adblue the engine has to be running. Some things are seen on the dash instruments then some are seen via the Uconnect screen. Some cannot be done whilst moving ☹️ Not simple

No idea what the digital dash shows, but it will be different I’m sure

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back