ACSI card, is it worth buying? (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 13, 2024
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Back off to the mainland in September and musing over if a ACSI card is a good investment?

On the face of it it seems great, but do you end up on suboptimal sites if you have a card, rather than the best sites in any given area? Kind of chasing the discounts as opposed to booking the nicest site?

Take Ile de Re as a working example. We’ve been meaning to visit the island for ages. We will go for maybe 10 days in Mid Sept. Are there a number of ACSI sites on the island? … do you get a genuine discount from their advertised rates? Are the nicer sites not ACSI and would be better to stay at?

You can repeat the same questions for Biaritz, for northern Spain for west coast Portugal sites etc…

I know it’s a low cost investment but wondering if there are genuine real world benefits?

Appreciate everyone’s thoughts.
New to this forum. Short answer, sadly, is NO.
We have used ACSI CC for 14 years. May be my memory but the validity period for the CC discount used to include dates during which British schools were NOT on holiday. Validity on many sites, now, doesn’t even include dates in June.
It is possible to drop in to many sites that do not appear in any directories and get a good deal. Just paid €90 for 2 nights on a site that would have been €34 during the CC validity period.
CC rates do not include local taxes - prepare to add €1 or €2 to the CC quite price.
Fings ain’t what they used to be.

Aug 8, 2019
Chichester
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2019
Went to France 3 weeks ago for a 2 week jaunt and paid for the new digital motorhome ACSI (CC), got our money back in the 1st 4 days, some sites stopped the discounted rate on the 1st July but most kept it going till the 7th July, and we had the pick of available plots on each site, a total no brainer from my point of view.

May 21, 2019
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance
Exp
Since 2015
My recent experience is that some sites are playing silly buggers with ACSI when sites are busier , even off season. At a recent site at Lake Garda " all the ACSI pitches are gone, we have others though " was the reply, with another showing no vacancies at all through the ACSI booking system, but then had pitches available when we arrived in person paying the normal rate.

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Not as attractive as it was but still possible to recover subscription in the first few days touring out of season. Biggest downside for me is the practice by some sites of allocating less attractive pitches. Given the benefits and low subscription cost it’s a must have for me, but sometimes I upgrade having seen the pitch options.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Excellent..Been using ACSI since 2004...Also used CAMPING CHEQUE in the past..they were good but don't exist now..BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Back off to the mainland in September and musing over if a ACSI card is a good investment?

On the face of it it seems great, but do you end up on suboptimal sites if you have a card, rather than the best sites in any given area? Kind of chasing the discounts as opposed to booking the nicest site?

Take Ile de Re as a working example. We’ve been meaning to visit the island for ages. We will go for maybe 10 days in Mid Sept. Are there a number of ACSI sites on the island? … do you get a genuine discount from their advertised rates? Are the nicer sites not ACSI and would be better to stay at?

You can repeat the same questions for Biaritz, for northern Spain for west coast Portugal sites etc…

I know it’s a low cost investment but wondering if there are genuine real world benefits?

Appreciate everyone’s thoughts.
Hi.
Portugal... Sites ? ... Check out " Orbitur Sites and Municipal sites " Stop on both of these companies sites now, all OK. You could " Cross check " If you are a computor whizz,some may be joined to the ACSI sites list.
Stopped on ACSI sites and C+M Club sites recommended in Europe while c/vanning from the uk, all were very nice.
Tea Bag

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Definitely worth it. Benicassim, only stayed 4 nights but phoned to book as online it appeared full. It was €33 a night. When we turned up the young lady was desperate to give us a discount! I’d forgotten to ask about ACSI on phone. Couldn’t find card. She just said to come back and pay when I found it. €23 per night incl 4kw electric.

Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Summit Prime 640
Exp
Since 2014
According the inspector we were chatting to in Venice back in May, next year they're going fully digital and you'll be able to get your membership card on the app instead of having to buy the books (y)
We never look at the books, just use the excellent’Cc’ app which has all the info you need including reviews and photos etc of all the sites that accept the card. I think it is an extra 3 euros or something using the code on your card.
View attachment 769719
Glad you can get the app to work. We signed up at the NEC in February. Set the app up when we got home all worked fine. Went to use it in May it says I have to subscribe to packages. Tried contacting ACSI When the did answer they said "You don't subscribe to any packages". I've sent them all the details, no reply at all!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back