LIFE MEMBER
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
dethleffs
Exp
Still a newbie
Hi.
Two of my gas burners will not stay lit so I'm guessing I need to change the thermocouples.
My question is, do I lift the hob up to get underneath or take the front panel, where the control knobs are, off to get at them.
I would assume that you lift the hob up but am worried that the gas pipework underneath is solid pipe and I might break or loosen gas joints etc.
1000029995.jpg

1000029996.jpg

I know that it's a solid copper pipe from the fridge manifold valve to the fridge for example but is it flexible pipe from the hob manifold valve to the burners?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
It will be a solid pipe to the job in my experience. Normally accessed from underneath once this is disconnected you then remove the hob assembly from above

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 DL (2017)
Exp
Well travelled
On my Hymer, bit newer than yours, I removed all the drawers beneath the hob, then under the hob was a metal plate (protecting the hob underneath) . I removed the plate and could see what was under the hob, all solid pipes to each burner and thermocouple to each as well. It was just a matter of removing the thermocouple, then searching (ebay ?) for similar size and connectors. Beware to check the length of the protruding part by the burner, and also the connecting end. apart from that it was easy ish. Just awkward, I didn't remove the hob.

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Test the thermocouple first to make sure it’s not just to low or out of the flame, use your light to heat tip up a bit first then light the ring, if stays on a while it might just need adjusting.

Ps the screw on right looks loose anyways!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back