A 'Smashing' afternoon in Germany (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
A perfect example of German efficiency and customer service at its best. Why can’t all companies be like this.
While I found the service department brilliant when they had mine in for 3 days warranty work they also organised a free hire car unfortunately anyone above that I found to be absolute A holes and would hope I never had to deal with them again!!!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
…..one hour later, and we are all done!

New window and frame fitted with a smile and an apology for the inconvenience, all covered under warranty, and sent on my way with best wishes.

A perfect example of German efficiency and customer service at its best. Why can’t all companies be like this.

Morelo have one very, very happy customer this morning. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Its a different experience isnt it. Our experience with N&B at Polch was similar, a total contrast to the service we received from a well known UK accessories dealer a few weeks before ( not one on here asfaik)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Its a different experience isnt it. Our experience with N&B at Polch was similar, a total contrast to the service we received from a well known UK accessories dealer a few weeks before ( not one on here asfaik)

We also have had good experience at N&B Polch, like what is reported at Morelo. It helps that we are based on the Continent so it s easy to go to the factories, whichever manufacturer, instead of an incompetent dealer. Factories should know how they constructed them.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We also have had good experience at N&B Polch, like what is reported at Morelo. It helps that we are based on the Continent so it s easy to go to the factories, whichever manufacturer, instead of an incompetent dealer. Factories should know how they constructed them.
I think there are a few dealers that are not entirely incompetent Geoff ;) and of course they are usually a lot closer to the customer than the factory service centres are but yes the factory service centres are invaluable especially on some big jobs that require an in depth knowledge of the build process.

Kevin R

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2014
Germany
Funster No
MH
5th Wheeler Glendale
Exp
Since 2002
We made it to Baden-baden on day three of our summer 2024 european trip and all was going well. The weather was so good we took a day off driving to enjoy the 29 degree heat and the wonderful sunshine.

I just got the barbecue fired up, and as usual burned my neck a bit in the sun, before a huge crash from the rear of the van had me almost jumping out of my skin.

On further investigation the whole of the bedroom window - that had been open to allow air to flow though the van - had just dropped off the stays and smashed in to a million pieces!

View attachment 915158 View attachment 915157

It was not windy and my only explanation is that the stays just failed and let the glass slip out of the frame.

A quick call to Premium received the usual prompt attention, and all going well I will be making a visit to the factory in Schlusselfeld tomorrow hoping they can fit me in for an emergency repair.

View attachment 915183

I hope my temporary repair holds out for the nearly 200 mile diversion!
Why do the Brits have an aversion to sunblock?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Not been a good week for Morelo or their reputation to be honest. Another member on the Morelo Owners Forums’ front wing fell off on the motorway.
IMG_1704.jpeg

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Not been a good week for Morelo or their reputation to be honest. Another member on the Morelo Owners Forums’ front wing fell off on the motorway. View attachment 919409
Yes indeed, I know of at least one N+B Flair happened the same, it’s the “big head” fixings that are just stuck on and not glassed over, still surprising that came off without any provocation it would seem.

OP
OP
Paul F
Dec 3, 2021
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace 90M
Exp
Since 2020
Oh dear, now thats not good at all. Not sure I could patch that up as effectively with duck tape and plastic bags!

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
The wheel arch on my Swift Kontiki did the same back in 2009 they had a big issue with them. I was in France and stuck it back on with no nails. I still have pictures somewhere of the extendable brush handle wedged between a tree and the arch to hold in place until the no nails dried 😂
Be interesting to find out what happened with the Morelo. Is it a design or construction issue like Swift or was it struck by something on the motorway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The wheel arch on my Swift Kontiki did the same back in 2009 they had a big issue with them. I was in France and stuck it back on with no nails. I still have pictures somewhere of the extendable brush handle wedged between a tree and the arch to hold in place until the no nails dried 😂
Be interesting to find out what happened with the Morelo. Is it a design or construction issue like Swift or was it struck by something on the motorway.
I think you are on the German Liner Forum as well Stewart, I have not seen any other reports of this affecting Morelo so possibly a bit a really bad luck, the owner didn’t think anything had happened to provoke it.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
I think you are on the German Liner Forum as well Stewart, I have not seen any other reports of this affecting Morelo so possibly a bit a really bad luck, the owner didn’t think anything had happened to provoke it.
Yes, have not seen any reports of it happening to any other Morelo. It shall be difficult to work out exactly what happened. The cross members at the bottom are bolted on, but guess once it started to go at speed it would have soon ripped it off. The owner has not had much luck this week, poor guy 😩

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
While I found the service department brilliant when they had mine in for 3 days warranty work they also organised a free hire car unfortunately anyone above that I found to be absolute A holes and would hope I never had to deal with them again!!!
Well you know only too well that I ditto that Mark. 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back