A silly question.....please be nice (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Bit like my old boss he could never understand the mechanics of literally anything, when he was complaining about the cost of keeping things running he said you fitters are all the same take too long cost too much. I took the trouble to explain I am not a fitter in the literal sense, a fitter removes the broken part and fits a new on. A mechanic removes the old part and where possible repairs it if cost effective. Having not long been employed there I explained that the previous staff has adopted the replace rather than repair. After many years there sometime after I had left I bumped into him, his comment was I didn’t realise what you did till you weren’t doing it. Same applies nowadays when asked for advice although I am still learning (75) the reply is often well I read on the internet you don’t do it that way!!

May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
I was in the motor trade for 30 years and spent too much of my time giving free advice to worried owners and patiently explaining the options and solutions only for them to say............"Well, on the internet..........." or "A bloke in the pub reckons ........", never to see them again.
Ok, fair comment and I apologise for the sarcasm. I too was many years in the trade, but mostly petrol engines and diesels didn't have all this new stuff on them and would run forever on tick over. I'm just looking for experiences and comments from the learned members of this great forum. Than you for your patience.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back