A photo of the outside from Inside (4 Viewers)

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
At camping Dilsburg on the river Necker ,four castles can be seen from the site and Dilsburg is a fortified hilltop town
IMG_0530.jpeg

IMG_0529.jpeg

Not bad to wake up tošŸ™‚

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Donington Park race circuit for the first round of the BTCC this weekend. Being parked directly under East Midlands Airport flight path does not aid a good night's sleep!

IMG-20240427-WA0009.jpg

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Donington Park race circuit for the first round of the BTCC this weekend. Being parked directly under East Midlands Airport flight path does not aid a good night's sleep!

View attachment 891197
Could be worse, at least it's not one of Mr Putin's ...
1714322636062.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
Spent a night at the Hooge Crater museum in Belgium ,very interesting for ww1 enthusiasts (if thatā€™s the right word) indoors lots of artefacts etc outside parts of the German front line trenches and bunkers
IMG_8249.jpeg

IMG_8217.jpeg

IMG_8275.jpeg

Then on to Yepers
Where we both found this wrong
IMG_8287.jpeg

I know itā€™s supposed to be symbolic but a step too far perhaps?
For information the Menin Gate is covered in scaffolding and plastic sheeting for the next few months so nothing is visible

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
Spent a night at the Hooge Crater museum in Belgium ,very interesting for ww1 enthusiasts (if thatā€™s the right word) indoors lots of artefacts etc outside parts of the German front line trenches and bunkers
View attachment 891295

View attachment 891296

View attachment 891297

Then on to Yepers
View attachment 891301

For information the Menin Gate is covered in scaffolding and plastic sheeting for the next few months so nothing is visible
Totally wrong and inappropriate.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
View attachment 891295

View attachment 891296

View attachment 891297

Then on to Yepers
View attachment 891301

I'm curious as to why you think it's a step too far, it appears to have been moved and painted white since I saw it quite a few years ago now, or perhaps there are more then one, but I thought it quite moving when I saw it first.

AlunandFelicie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner lyseo time
I'm curious as to why you think it's a step too far, it appears to have been moved and painted white since I saw it quite a few years ago now, or perhaps there are more then one, but I thought it quite moving when I saw it first.
Why did they feel the need to include a female ,afaik there were No outwardly female soldiers in the British army in Flanders (there may of been a few concealed female soldiers?) so we felt it was an unnecessary addition to fit modern ideas and detracted from the hundreds of thousands of Male soldiers who fought and died ,but each to their own I suppose.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Why did they feel the need to include a female ,afaik there were No outwardly female soldiers in the British army in Flanders (there may of been a few concealed female soldiers?) so we felt it was an unnecessary addition to fit modern ideas and detracted from the hundreds of thousands of Male soldiers who fought and died ,but each to their own I suppose.
I can understand your view, however there are two women buried in war graves in Belgium and 122 in France, one a nurse, Nellie Spindler age 26 died at Passchendael in 1917 killed by a shell, she is buried alongside 10,000 men, her rank is inscribed staff nurse, let us not forget those ladies and the trauma they would have to live with on their return to civilian life after witnessing so much suffering. Also, it wasn't only the British operating in the Ypres salient, there were Belgian, French and Canadians there as well, though I don't know if any women served in the French or Belgian forces.

Nov 21, 2021
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Amethyst
Exp
Newbie, former van camper and still wild camper
Yep it's raining and we are on grass:rolleyes: at a THS at Whitby......yes I feel the van sinking....well if they want me off I'll need a tow in a few days šŸ˜
IMG_20240503_202346.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back