BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH 630
Exp
since 2004
I’m down at SAP next Tuesday to get levellers fitted on the new van. Looking for somewhere nearby for the Monday night, great if they did meals but a quietish car park would do fine, any recommendations?

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Bluebell inn lound great pub with CL behind. About 40 mins to SAP.

OP
OP
BillandHelen

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
IH 630
Exp
since 2004
We stopped in SAP's yard and slept in the motorhome for a couple of nights while they were doing it. Arrived in the evening and they started carrying out the work the next morning. Went into Doncaster town centre by train for a day.
Yes, I’m staying in the yard while the work is done, but I won’t arrive on the Monday evening till after they are closed so looking forward to somewhere nearby.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Yes, I’m staying in the yard while the work is done, but I won’t arrive on the Monday evening till after they are closed so looking forward to somewhere nearby.
We travelled up from Kent and they offered to give us the pass code to their gate if we arrived after they closed. As it happened we did not need it.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010

I arrive at about 8.30pm and had arranged that I would be let in as they can open the gates remotely while they are at home.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I’m down at SAP next Tuesday to get levellers fitted on the new van. Looking for somewhere nearby for the Monday night, great if they did meals but a quietish car park would do fine, any recommendations?
The Burghwallis in the village of the same name, about 15 x minutes from SAP. Decent food and well kept ales.

You have to approach from the A1 South. If you have a large MH, take the second turn off for Burghwallis, not the first.

If wining and dining, politely decline to pay a camping fee if they try to charge you one. The very young waitress couldn't get it into her head, that with afternoon beers and snacks, plus evening meals with drinks, I wasn't overly impressed when she added on a camping fee to our bill.
Fortunately, the duty manager sorted it out. 👍

On the industrial estate round the corner from SAP, is a decent cafe selling all sorts of hot breakfast goodies. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carado Low Profile
Exp
Since 2016 caravan previously
Apologies for my ignorance but what and where is SAP

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Apologies for my ignorance but what and where is SAP

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
We arrived in time for them opening, took a train to York, stayed the night in a Premier Inn for £30 and got the train back from York mid afternoon next day, job done.
It's been worth every penny having the levellers fitted ;)

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I've stopped at the Burgwallis a couple of times, they only charged if you needed hookup, unless that's changed. Friendly staff and locals and a big wood stove in the winter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back