Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Hi everyone
We are currently parked at Shrewsbury after fitting in what seems like a week of things into 1 day.
The list includes

A meeting in Manchester
A site visit and measure in manchester
A pick up of wheel studs from a trailer company in Chester
A supermarket top up of silly things food wise which are sometimes difficult to find in continental Europe.
A filling at the dentist in Middlewich
A missed delivery of a new rim for a trailer
A conversation with rim supplier as the DHL app won't work
A conversation with farmer Jeff where I store some trailers, he's going to swap my tyre and fit the new rim (great relief)
2 pints of delicious Butty Bach beer In a local pub near to our sleepy spot
A well needed meal at Hickorys smokehouse
Waking up 2 hours ago thinking to myself I hope DHL find the farm/storage next time

Not too bad a start but it did seem as we deserved the beer and food last night, it should be a decent drive today to the camc site next to Folkestone.
We are looking forward to this trip as it seems we have been in the uk too long over this summer.
This was due to family time which is always nice and a bit of dental work that was overdue.
We decided to use the chunnel which does seem to have gotten quite pricy but when I gave Phil the options he insisted on tunnel even when I would have been happy with irish ferries.
Looking forward to a easy time in france with no set path just sticking to the east side as we are off to Dusseldorf salon to view electric bikes and other bits we need.
We may call into Luxembourg as its been over 5 years since we where last there and possibly the mosel region again, not sure we will see where the wind blows.

OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
IMG-20240820-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20240820-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20240820-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20240820-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20240820-WA0008.jpg

Upvote 0
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Have a great trip, we’re getting ready for the start of our first trip in our new van next week. Ours seemed to involve appointments, additions (awning) and food as well! Fortunately no toothache though , I saw the lovely Francisca 3 weeks ago and passed, phew.

We’re crossing from Poole as it’s only an hour from home.

Upvote 0
Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Have fun fellas! Be strong willed at the show! 🤪

We’re on the train on Tuesday (Pershore at the moment) and then will be on the East side in the Champagne region for the first few weeks! Then heading South quickly to find the weather! ☀️ ☀️☀️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Interested in where you parked up overnight in Shrewsbury? PM if you don't want to tell the world!

Being a local I don't visit the county town if I can help it, those who know the traffic and parking problems with Shrewsbury will understand why.
Hi
It's on search for sites. Franklin car park which is free from 6pm to 8pm
Better value than roodee car park in chester and some great pubs in Shrewsbury.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now

We’re on the train on Tuesday (Pershore at the moment) and then will be on the East side in the Champagne region for the first few weeks! Then heading South quickly to find the weather! ☀️ ☀️☀️
Maybe we will meet up.

Upvote 0
Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Hi
It's on search for sites. Franklin car park which is free from 6pm to 8pm
Better value than roodee car park in chester and some great pubs in Shrewsbury.
Thank you, it's Frankwell car park by the way. Others be aware that carpark floods when the river Severn is high and without much warning!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Thank you, it's Frankwell car park by the way. Others be aware that carpark floods when the river Severn is high and without much warning!
Yes I used my memory which was clearly lacking.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
It was a very easy drive down with only maybe 10 minutes of delay on the M25.
A weird situation when we checked in the warden asked Phil what time was our tunnel and he replied about lunchtime so we where given the worst pitch on site which is a ferry pitch close to the road, not happy so I ventured back to reception to ask for a hard standing with awning which was the original booking which we now have. It was because he couldn't give the exact time that the lady decided to make the change.
How early do they think I'm going to be going if its a midday train, a step too far I think.
Anyway a cup of tea has now been drunk so I may now have a alcoholic beverage instead.

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015

Have a great trip. We’re doing the same but down the West side. Brittany until the sites start closing then heading south.

Upvote 0
Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
It was a very easy drive down with only maybe 10 minutes of delay on the M25.
A weird situation when we checked in the warden asked Phil what time was our tunnel and he replied about lunchtime so we where given the worst pitch on site which is a ferry pitch close to the road, not happy so I ventured back to reception to ask for a hard standing with awning which was the original booking which we now have. It was because he couldn't give the exact time that the lady decided to make the change.
How early do they think I'm going to be going if its a midday train, a step too far I think.
Anyway a cup of tea has now been drunk so I may now have a alcoholic beverage instead.
It's treatment like that that persuade us to cross late afternoon and head for a French Aire

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
OK so karma a bitch.
The warden knew what she was doing, it's just a shame she didn't apply the ferry pitch treatment to our neighbours after they have just clattered about for 10 mins before driving off clearly for there early morning chunnel.
Ha ha ha well I'm awake now.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back