Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
I'm not quite sure how to describe this but here goes. My laptop running Windows 10 and using Google has developed an aversion to one single page and I don't know why.

Recently I have been using the Volvo Selekt site (Volvo Selekt). A few days ago it stopped allowing me access to one page. If you go on to the home page on the second line down it show four links Overview, Search Cars, How to Buy, and Extensive Warranty and Benefits. Normally I can access all four but at present, just on my laptop I can't access Search Cars; it just throws up a blank page. It works normally on our two tablets, and two smartphones, just not the laptop. The other three links work just not Search Cars and I can't figure out why. The same problem exists on my laptop using ms edge but not opera. Any clues welcomed?

Last edited:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I'm not quite sure how to describe this but here goes. My laptop running Windows 10 and using Google has developed an aversion to one single page and I don't know why.

Recently I have been using the Volvo Selekt site (Volvo Selekt). A few days ago it stopped allowing me access to one page. If you go on to the home page on the second line down it show four links Overview, Search Cars, How to Buy, and Extensive Warranty and Benefits. Normally I can access all four but at present, just on my laptop I can't access Search Cars; it just throws up a blank page. It works normally on our two tablets, and two smartphones, just not the laptop. The other three links work just not Search Cars and I can't figure out why. The same problem exists on my laptop using msn but not opera. Any clues welcomed?
This is what I get using a Windows 11 laptop with Firefox (more cars below in a list).
1719650040916.png

Given it's working elsewhere for yourself it will probably be a setting in your browser or any adblocker you've got installed. Perhaps it's blocking pop-ups and thinks the individual photo links are that?

Guessing but ............

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005

Recently I have been using the Volvo Selekt site (Volvo Selekt). A few days ago it stopped allowing me access to one page. If you go on to the home page on the second line down it show four links Overview, Search Cars, How to Buy, and Extensive Warranty and Benefits. Normally I can access all four but at present, just on my laptop I can't access Search Cars; it just throws up a blank page. It works normally on our two tablets, and two smartphones, just not the laptop. The other three links work just not Search Cars and I can't figure out why. The same problem exists on my laptop using msn but not opera. Any clues welcomed?
Hit F12 in the browser. This will bring up the Dev tools. Look for "console".

Then click refresh to load the page. You will see any errors there. This will give us some hints as to the cause.

Copy and paste here, Or take a screenshot and I may be able to advise more.

OP
OP
Dorset Diver
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
I use AdblockPlus but disabling it has made no difference.

Hit F12 in the browser. This will bring up the Dev tools. Look for "console".

Then click refresh to load the page. You will see any errors there. This will give us some hints as to the cause.

Copy and paste here, Or take a screenshot and I may be able to advise more.

I have done as you suggest but all I get on screen is a small thermometer bar showing blue white on a black background and number 26 at the bottom

Jul 24, 2023
Funster No
MH
RPMOTORHOMES Rebel
Exp
New to van life
I can’t really see enough of your debug screen to give a definitive suggestion but the error you have shown us “policy violation unload not allowed” is a relatively new security system added to the google chrome browser. It is trying to stop something in your browser from copying text from the web page. I suggest you might have some extension added to chrome that is trying to do this. So try removing or updating all browser extensions.

Or if you are in a hurry to get a new car (and more simply) download the FireFox browser and try the page with that!

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Okay

Okay Gromett is this what you need? It from the site / page that is causing me a problem.

Thanks Gellyneck

View attachment 916677
ok. That is CORS policy violations. Those are the bane of my life. I hate them. There is sadly nothing you can do to fix it.
The site operator does not appear to have an Access Control Allow Origin header. It is only them that can fix it. But, I have found for some reason this problem affects browsers differently. So one site will be affected in one browser and another site with a different browser but not visa versa.

I would suggest not to worry about it and just use a different browser.

Sorry I don't have better news.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dorset Diver
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
I think I've found the problem. For years I have been using IBM Security Rapport extension. If I disable it the page loads when refreshed. Re-enabled it blocks the page. I seem to remember that the IBM extension is or was an extra layer of security for online banking. Whether it is relevant today I have no idea.

PS. Sorry Gromett I posted before I saw your post. Have you any idea about the validity of the IBM thing today?

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I think I've found the problem. For years I have been using IBM Security Rapport extension. If I disable it the page loads when refreshed. Re-enabled it blocks the page. I seem to remember that the IBM extension is or was an extra layer of security for online banking. Whether it is relevant today I have no idea.

PS. Sorry Gromett I posted before I saw your post. Have you any idea about the validity of the IBM thing today
I disabled Rapport because it broke too much stuff. This was back in the early 00's. I told my bank I would not bank with them if they enforced it.

OP
OP
Dorset Diver
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
I disabled Rapport because it broke too much stuff. This was back in the early 00's. I told my bank I would not bank with them if they enforced it.
To be fair this is the first time I have had a problem with it and now I know how the manage it I'm content to continue with its use.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back