6mtr A class - Have I missed any? (3 Viewers)

Happy Jim

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 13, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9095DF
Exp
Since June 2017
Hello all,

We’ve been in our 7.5mtr A class Rapido for the past 8 years and are thinking about downsizing to a 6mtr A class. We really like the front drop down bed that allows the lounge to still be used (the boss gets up very early!).

I missed the Exeter show this weekend but friends pointed us to the Roller Team i590, so we popped down to Alan Kerr’s in Paignton for a look at one, looks good (still mentally shedding “stuff” to squeeze everything in).

Have I missed any?

1. Roller Team i590
2. Mobilveta K-Yacht Tecnica 59 (looks exactly the same as No1 but upspecced??)
3. Geist explorer i585.

Would prefer new, or nearly new!

Thanks

Jim

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Pilote worth a look
Pilote have dropped the 6m A class from the range.
Dethleffs Globus I1 is a 6m A class, we owned one unfortunately it was the Friday afternoon one with many issues so traded it in after 9 months for a Pegaso 590 which has been very good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Pilote G600L... but I think they stopped making them in 2017? So no Euro6.

Our Geist i585 is very good. 6m means it fits on our driveway. Layout means maximum space for the footprint. Good bed, great lounge. Tons of internal lockers. Nice thick materials in the furniture, quality fixings and joints are hidden, so a quality build. Kitchen is ok, but dominated by the massive burner, so there's little workspace. Bathroom is big enough to be the changing room too. It's not a double floor and the external lockers are a bit pokey, but we still get two Bromptons, chairs and a table in them. And even though mine is a 2020, it's not lithium ready.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Don’t know if they still make them but Rapido do the df 9048 just a tad over 6 mtr

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
The Carthago Compactline crew will be along shortly to extol the virtues of these slimline A Classes. If you can stretch to 6.4m you get a huge amount of space for the footprint, a double floor and a decent garage.

I’m very impressed with my 6.4m Compactline 138 DB.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Happy Jim

Happy Jim

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 13, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9095DF
Exp
Since June 2017
Thanks all.

Carthago 138db is out (fixed bed compromises the living space)
Rapido 9048DF would have been a contender had they still be producing it (or at least recentish).
Piloti G600 - out, too old.
Dethleffs Globus I1 - 6.9mtr so out
N&B iSmooth - 6.9mtr so out (but very nice!)

Geist - getting a good bit of research currently!!!!

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
The Geist is a nice build. Not premium, but it's a cut above average. Nice components, good design. But it's also a UK special from an already low volume brand. So I do worry about future support. And the interior is a bit brown. 😅

Upvote 0

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
We nearly bought a Geist I585 were ready to sign but the salesman was just finishing off a sale with another couple, so went and had another look while waiting and noticed there was nowhere to store anything long like Quest screenhouse apart from lying it on the floor in the van.
So left it and later bought a Dethleffs Globus I1 which is 5.99 long as that's all we can get on the driveway.

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
We nearly bought a Geist I585 were ready to sign but the salesman was just finishing off a sale with another couple, so went and had another look while waiting and noticed there was nowhere to store anything long like Quest screenhouse apart from lying it on the floor in the van.
So left it and later bought a Dethleffs Globus I1 which is 5.99 long as that's all we can get on the driveway.
It's a trade off. The Geist i585/Roller Team Pegaso/Pilote G600L have a ton more lounge space and a bathroom with a separate shower. It feels massive inside.

I considered the Globus, it didn't seem to take advantage of being an a class over a semi integrated van. It did have a lot more storage though. I've worked remotely for a week in my van. I didn't think I'd be able to do that at a half dinette layout.

Layout is key. Every layout is as compromise. Everyone has different things that are important to them. We've taken an awning with us before, but it sat under the table while we travelled to site. We only take it on the annual family holiday where we won't be moving for at least a week.

Upvote 0

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
It's a trade off. The Geist i585/Roller Team Pegaso/Pilote G600L have a ton more lounge space and a bathroom with a separate shower. It feels massive inside.

I considered the Globus, it didn't seem to take advantage of being an a class over a semi integrated van. It did have a lot more storage though. I've worked remotely for a week in my van. I didn't think I'd be able to do that at a half dinette layout.

Layout is key. Every layout is as compromise. Everyone has different things that are important to them. We've taken an awning with us before, but it sat under the table while we travelled to site. We only take it on the annual family holiday where we won't be moving for at least a week.
I agree the Globus layout was cramped (note to self don't let wife choose van)which along with diabolical build quality on the one we purchased is why we got rid of it after 9 months.🙂

Upvote 0

Bevlar

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Bavaria i600 A class
Exp
Since 2009
We've got a Bavaria 5.99 mtr i600 A Class. It's the same as the Pilot. Oakhill Motorhome of Barnsley sell them and a good company to deal with. We've had ours 8 years and been very pleased. Got a large lounge even with the bed down. Good size bathroom with separate shower and decent wardrobe.

Upvote 0
Jun 5, 2020
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
4 years, travelling to Greece each year and exploring on the way and back
Hello all,

We’ve been in our 7.5mtr A class Rapido for the past 8 years and are thinking about downsizing to a 6mtr A class. We really like the front drop down bed that allows the lounge to still be used (the boss gets up very early!).

I missed the Exeter show this weekend but friends pointed us to the Roller Team i590, so we popped down to Alan Kerr’s in Paignton for a look at one, looks good (still mentally shedding “stuff” to squeeze everything in).

Have I missed any?

1. Roller Team i590
2. Mobilveta K-Yacht Tecnica 59 (looks exactly the same as No1 but upspecced??)
3. Geist explorer i585.

Would prefer new, or nearly new!

Thanks

Jim
Hymer exsis 414I, 6 metres, has transverse double bed at the back and a drop down double over the driving area , leaving the dinette and galley area free to use if for any reason you are using the drop down. Nice sized garage and feels very comfortable even i winter. Huge payload too.

Upvote 0
Jan 6, 2024
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
Laika H2109 is 6.5m.

We went through the same process as you, initially downsizing from a 7.5m Hymer A class to a 6m a class Laika Ecovip 600 (that they don't make anymore), and we have downsized further still since then.

The Laika was better than the Hymer, and we had it for over 5 years. In fact it was the best motorhome we ever had, and it had character and style too.

Upvote 0
Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner i681
Exp
Since 2018
In a similar layout but slightly longer at 6.8m are the Le Voyageur LV 680 and the Hymer B584 both produced past 2018 and possibly 2020.

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Our Pilote G600G is a 2018 model and is Euro6.
They are shown in the 2019 Pilote brochure and I think that would be the last year they produced them.
The G600G has a rear transverse bed. Similar to many other coachbuilds and PVCs.

The G600L had a large front lounge and the bed was over the cab. Same layout as the Geist i585 and Pegaso 590.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back