44 bloody miles (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
I carry these in the bike and scooter. The pump on the right has also been used to top up the van tyres. Both fit under the seat.

View attachment 918898
I wouldn't use the repaired the tyre for anything other than either getting home or to a tyre depot.

Hope you get it sorted soon without too much waiting and messing around.
What battery pump is that, I carry the same repair kit as you which has worked fine to get me home and too the garage for a new tyre but the compressed air cartridges don’t seem to be up to the task. Fine on my push bikes but not my motorbike.

Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
I agree about the cartridges so I carry four. A friend bought me the pump for Christmas. It's charged by USB and is very compact. I've seen similar on amazon. I'll have a look to see if it's got a name. It's bleeding raining here in Cirencester at the moment. So I'll wait until it stops and let you know.

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
Most likely will have an inner tube, it will be tubeless ready, as the sealant will start to dry out in about 3/4 months and the bike could have been sat in a warehouse for that amount of time.
No, it is tubeless.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I carry one of these in the van as it doesn’t take up to much space and it will hopefully be easier than trying to change a wheel…
IMG_0396.jpeg

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
Get a puncture repair kit and small compressor , repair the puncture in 20 minutes unless its a large hole ……a very easy job!

Jul 13, 2023
All over Europe now
Funster No
MH
Adria 680ST Gold
Plugin puncture is the way to go one of my Ducatis has 4 plugs in the tyre and ive done over 4000 mile on it since 1st puncture ,, but if the tyre is torn or its on the edge than it needs replacing

i now have some screw in plugs they are ace but I do add a little tyre glue too

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
When you have not had a puncture on a bike for decades you get a bit complacent.
And at the mo there is absolutely nowhere to store anything on this bike other than in my jacket pockets..........hense top box soon and maybe a tank bag.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
I carry one of these in the van as it doesn’t take up to much space and it will hopefully be easier than trying to change a wheel…
View attachment 919278
I don't know if the law has changed, but self plugging with these devices was illegal in the UK - many years ago I admit. That's why I acquired mine in the USA while visiting family there. I had never seen them in the UK before, ever. I have used it several times in the 20 years I've had it - to great effect. Saved a fortune in tyres.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I don't know if the law has changed, but self plugging with these devices was illegal in the UK - many years ago I admit. That's why I acquired mine in the USA while visiting family there. I had never seen them in the UK before, ever. I have used it several times in the 20 years I've had it - to great effect. Saved a fortune in tyres.
Plenty for sale on Amazon and other places so assume it’s ok to use?to be honest I have never checked and if I was stuck bye the side of the road I would use it either way😁😁

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Bob, if it makes you feel better. I got 18 miles before a puncture on my new bike. RAC said 8 hours to recover it. Mates rallied round and got me home within an hour. Tubed Tyre. I got it repaired and a new tube.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Plenty for sale on Amazon and other places so assume it’s ok to use?to be honest I have never checked and if I was stuck bye the side of the road I would use it either way😁😁
We used to use an earlier version of them on the tractors and farm machinery many years ago.
We would rasp out the hole with a special tool like a round file and then, from a long length of kit rubber, we would rubber glue and plug the hole pushing, or pulling through the rubber strip and cutting off the protruding rubber strip for next time.

Never used that on fast moving vehicle though? 🤔

I have seen the plugs used, from the inside, on cars a few years ago.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back