Aug

Rally 3F's Drax Rally 1st - 6th Aug 2024 - 5 Nights. - FULL (6 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Thats great, bus passes needed then lol, how far is the bus stop Jim do you know

thanks

Al
The bus stop to Selby is just at the top of the steps from the club to the main Road.
The one back, stops opposite. I don't think there are any bus stop signs. As said buses are approx 2 hrs. But they go to the bus depot at Selby which is a 10 min walk to the town centre. Mainly down one street with a nice church at the start of the street. sainsbury is off the main street in a precinct.lots of charity shops and a small market.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
VW 2005 T5 Campervan
Exp
Since September 2018
Thanks JockandRita for the thought, but I am at work on 2nd, 3rd and 4th and unfortunately involved in union pay negotiations on the 5th and oap duties on the 6th.
Also, having changed our van we are still in the process of sorting out what goes where and what will be going and what different stuff we need.
But hope all have a great time and At present I need to plan in advance, but next year could well be different as I am thinking of fully retiring completely.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Being that it looks like it gonna be nice and sunny does anyone know how much beer I need to bring

I'm thinking quite a bit, maybe loads, even a full 24 pack :ROFLMAO:

Also we carry elec bikes as i'm not a great walker, especially after a 24 pack lol, would you advise bringing both, is there anywhere to cycle to if we wanted to or should I just bring mine
You can leave camp, turn left, half a mile and cross over - all very quiet and flat back roads NW approx towards Selby. Winding road and you can't go too far North before you hit the river and them follow West to Selby. Quite a sprawling town with a few antique and unusual shops but a bit run down like many places and there are slightly out of town bigger shops.

Takes about 40 minutes Drax to Selby.

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Fix It request.
Hoping someone can help to sort out my Fiamma 45 wind out awning. A sudden torrential storm in France moved the fixings on the rails and I cannot seem to get it to line up, or wind on properly.
Heres hoping. :unsure:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Fix It request.
Hoping someone can help to sort out my Fiamma 45 wind out awning. A sudden torrential storm in France moved the fixings on the rails and I cannot seem to get it to line up, or wind on properly.
Heres hoping. :unsure:

Right here goes

this is how my Thule awning is re-aligned and i'd expect it to be the same or similar, on the inside of the lead rail where the awning material slides in, are there any screws, 1 either end to hold it in place?. If so remove those, then loosen the bolt fixings on the arms that attach to the lead rail, we then wind the awning back in so the arms and lead rail centre themselves again.

You may have to do this several times btw for it to centre itself.

If this works ok then wind the awning out just enough to tighten the arm fixing bolts and put the awning material screws back in so the lead rail doesn't move along the material edge.

Hope that works for you

Al

Last edited:

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Right here goes

this is how my Thule awning is re-aligned and i'd expect it to be the same or similar, on the inside of the lead rail where the awning material slides in, are there are screws, 1 either end to hold it in place?. If so remove those, then loosen the bolt fixings on the arms that attach to the lead rail, we then wind the awning back in so the arms and lead rail centre themselves again.

If this works ok then wind the awning out just enough to tighten the arm fixing bolts and put the awning material screws back in so the lead rail doesn't move along the material edge.

Hope that works for you

Al
Thanks for that Al. Will try it while there.

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Lisa & co.,

We probably won't be there much before 5 tonight. Hope that's OK and we don't impinge on your evening arrangements!

Tony

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
As an update, we are currently stationary on the A1 somewhere just north of Grantham.

The road ahead appears to be completely shut.

Jun 30, 2012
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 728G
Exp
March 16
Drove past a few minutes after the accident 2pm(ISH)....motorcyclist from northbound carriageway ended up over barrier on southbound carriageway, lots of people stopped to help. No emergency workers in attendance at that time 🤞

Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740
Wonderful venue, wonderful weather, what more could you ask for.

DJI_20240801171212_0109_D.JPG

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
La La Land
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
For those attending the Drax Tours.

Please meet up at the entrance of the rally field 10 minutes before the start of the Tour.

Don’t forget that arms and legs must be covered and closed in footwear should be worn.
Remember your Photo ID.

Enjoy 👍🏼

IMG_9921.jpeg

IMG_9922.jpeg

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Arriving mid to late afternoon today, sorry to inconvenience the rally marshalls. I know we will miss the free drinks session but we're trying to collect as much sun as we can and bring it up norfff ....

Feb 2, 2022
Hartland, Bideford, Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Ixeo 1744
Exp
I’m newbie

Please meet up at the entrance of the rally field 10 minutes before the start of the Tour.

Don’t forget that arms and legs must be covered and closed in footwear should be worn.
Remember your Photo ID.

Enjoy 👍🏼

View attachment 930960
View attachment 930965

Remember your Photo ID.

Enjoy
Thanks Lisa for arranging this tour today it was very interesting ,
Thanks to all those involved in the cooking serving BBQ, very much appreciated

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Arriving mid to late afternoon today, sorry to inconvenience the rally marshalls. I know we will miss the free drinks session but we're trying to collect as much sun as we can and bring it up norfff ....
And I get no thanks for bringing some extra sun 🌞, it was that extra sun that stopped the freak thunderstorm from lashing down through everyone's open windows.....!!! I've never heard the mass sound of creaking bones so loud as we all suddenly sprang to our feet, though I can hardly describe it as springing to feet for some of us ...

It's all Lisa this and Lisa that (as for 3f's...I can think of a few F's to describe the support group ;))....all Lisa and her crew have done is organise a fantastic rally for hundreds of us at a superb location, with great entertainment and a dodgy Friday night raffle, what's so difficult about that .... !!! :giggler:.

As for the entertainment last night, I even strutted some stuff and embarrassed Yvette as usual with my strutting, though the circle dancers at the end really didn't understand my attempts to get a Mexican Wave going around the circle.... Big thanks to The Moondogs and don't forget the DJ and his VHS/Betamax video tapes ....

But back to Lisa, I suppose it won't be long before she even gets her own 'Love it Lisa' emoji after doing this gig now for a few years, LOL LIL :giggle::giggle:

Thank you to everyone involved, my first night as a Draxxer was fantastic xxx

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Fantastic night last night, me and Val even got up dancing which hasn’t happened for quite a few years especially for me lol.

Lisa and The Burger Masters were brilliant as well, lovely n tasty just how I like ‘em.

We’re struggling to remember names as usual but everyone so far has been great.

looking forward to tonight and thanks to everyone for making us welcome 👍👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back