Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
I’m planning on haing a 360 camera system installed on our 8.6m van

I’ve found two suppliers as below.

Do you know of any other systems / suppliers?

For those of you who have a 360 system already do you have any advice before I buy?

Thanks Martin

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I’m planning on going a 360 camera system installed on our 8.6m van

I’ve found two suppliers as below.

Do you know of any other systems / suppliers?

For those of you who have a 360 system already do you have any advice before I buy?

Thanks Martin
Hi Martin

We bought through trailervision and the fitting was done by Kes, absolutely top man.

We had two screens fitted in portrait so Jen has one as well, ours was the first but they have done a few since.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
We had Trailervision do ours. It certainly comes into its own in tight spots. I wouldn't hesitate to put it on a future van. Trailervision in Peterborough were first class to deal with.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Thanks, is your system the 2d or 3d version?

HugoBNB funflair[/U
[/QUOTE]
Item number A3536 Omniview 3D with 10" monitor. As taken from the invoice. It was only fitted in May of this year. After sales service has been excellent too. I called them and asked if they could plot the waste point on the 3D image to save grief when driving over a service point. They did it by return by email. There was a problem with the type of USB I downloaded it on and the unit wouuld not accept it. They sent it out on a USB by recorded delivery. No charge for the modification either. 10/10 rating from me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
If there’s a Caratec installer in the UK then certainly worth looking at, very good reviews in DE.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
Here's ours. Fitted three years ago. Would not hesitate getting another one fitted in the future, by the same company. We also have the 1TB hard drive.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
I had a long conversation with (James?) at Motorhomeretrofits a few years ago and I'd definitely recommend speaking to them about the difference in their systems to others.I follow them on their YT channel and their attention to detail is impressive.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
When we were thinking about having 360 fitted it puzzled me as to why the screens were always landscape when a motorhome is long and skinny, I wanted I predominantly the overhead view showing and I wanted it in the direction of travel so to me Portrait seemed more sensible, the fitter said that he could reprogram it to portrait and fit the screen low down on the A pillar, actually as I said before one each side.

IMG_3594.jpeg

That's right indicator on so the overhead is slight zoomed out and shows more of the right side view.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hobby T500 LHD
Exp
Spring 2024
I got this fitted by a local outfit in Bolton (Bolt-on Towing):

Total cost to me - circa £450. It is cheap and cheerful. It gives me a reversing camera and covers a blind spot on my off side at junctions (I am LHD). It also gives me a less than perfect conventional UK RHD driver's view firing forward when trying to overtake slow moving farm vehicle/lorries in the UK. Less than perfect because the lens is too wide angle but it does allow me to swing out and eyeball for any oncoming traffic before committing to an overtake.

There are some firmware oddities on mine as fitted (I need to do some tinkering) but definitely well worth the cost even for just the reversing camera and a sensible proportionate spend for my 2007 van.

P.S. It also gives me video recording evidence of any RTA.

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
Do any of these cameras work as a security type system when parked up?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Do any you who have them installed, have visibility issues with them in the rain etc?
Not when driving but when you first set off in the rain there can be a bobble of water on the lens that will distort the image until it blows away, I keep thinking about trying a little hood over the camera lens, also of course they do get dirty and benefit from a pipe with a cloth every now and again.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012

Yes the ones I’ve seen fitted in Germany (Martin will know the brand but not Caratec) offer that you can use them as 360 security with a feed to the bedroom TV screen.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you want the cameras wired into a permanent or switchable feed you could have them on while you are in the van, with the Camos I believe you can view them remotely on PC software but that is all extra.

From Trailervision/Camos,

Can the system be remotely accessed?​

Historically system ECUs did not include recording, so remote access was enabled via an additional recorder (DVR), which would either include a SIM card etc, or a dongle that could connect to the vehicles router. Our 3D system ECU now includes recording, however, to enable remote access (any system) the separate DVR is required, with our 'Connectivity Pack' (Dongle/Router), or by connecting to the vehicles Router (if compatible). Camos provide a FOC Server (& FOC App) that enables limited remote access (video on demand etc), but not cloud storage, or live streaming etc (paid for/commercial servers can be utilised if cloud storage etc is required). However, recordings are always available via the DVR (or ECU) built-in storage (SD card etc). Storage capacity (time) will depend of the size of SD card utilised, but could be over 6 days (150+ hours).​

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
The cameras have a very wide angle lens. The hardware manipulates the input to something that looks less distorted when viewing the various virtual angles. But it's still from a fisheye lens. So anything more than a few metres away and anything not dead centre of the camera's view just won't be sharp. They are ideal for manoeuvres. I just don't think they'd make the best security cameras.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I had mine fitted exactly for this reason, i have a switch that turns it on when ignition is off, and then it feeds from leisure battery and i can see the screens on my living room tv, but it's useless for this task. There are no infra leds on these camera's so unless you are parked in a well lit up area then all it will show is black. I even tried with some outside lights but again useless, I have been onto trailervision asking if they are going to be doing camera's with leds but so far no go.
Also this system is good for seeing blindspots when driving but the images are so stretched that it cannot be used to determine just how close a vehicle is even if its past the back of the van and i cannot see how anyone can use it to accurately park. It does show the surrounding areas but not zoomed in so you can see just how close you are to a wall or tree for instance.
If i had the choice again, i would only have camera's that have leds for nighttime as that was my main purpose for buying.

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I had mine fitted exactly for this reason, i have a switch that turns it on when ignition is off, and then it feeds from leisure battery, but it's useless for this task. There are no infra leds on these camera's so unless you are parked in a well lit up area then all it will show is black. I even tried with some outside lights but again useless, I have been onto trailervision asking if they are going to be doing camera's with leds but so far no go.
Also this system is good for seeing blindspots when driving but the images are so stretched that it cannot be used to determine just how close a vehicle is even if its past the back of the van and i cannot see how anyone can use it to accurately park. It does show the surrounding areas but not zoomed in so you can see just how close you are to a wall or tree for instance.
If i had the choice again, i would only have camera's that have leds for nighttime as that was my main purpose for buying.
As you suggest the 360 is not really designed as a security system so no night vision, I am surprised it is not better with some outside lights though as we have friends who's 360 came on with the ignition and the radio :unsure: from memory when we were in it at night you could see what was going on outside, you other points re accuracy and parking don't match my experience, I really only use the overhead view so I don't know if that makes any difference.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
I agree overhead is the one I rely on. I'm also pleased with the accuracy and how close you can get to stuff.

I've never journeyed at night, so can't comment on how clear ours is.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
As you suggest the 360 is not really designed as a security system so no night vision, I am surprised it is not better with some outside lights though as we have friends who's 360 came on with the ignition and the radio :unsure: from memory when we were in it at night you could see what was going on outside, you other points re accuracy and parking don't match my experience, I really only use the overhead view so I don't know if that makes any difference.
I have an outside light below the camera on the Hab side and when this is on the camera cannot see a thing, it could be the position of it but not convinced. My sole purpose was to use it as a security system, but that is deffo a no-go. The images are so stretched on this like a fisheye It's near impossible to see how close things really are, and they are a lot closer than you think. It still has a purpose in the daytime and driving but not really what I had in mind for it.

One other thing to note is that the overhead one is not stretched just zoomed out so it is better than the others

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Chausson 718EB
Exp
8 years
+1 for Omni vue. Had it for about 6 years and no hiccups. Works well. They did say they were bringing out a recording system but I don’t think they ever did. I’ve had no contact since it was installed.

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
Trailer vision system is very good. I have an 8.5m van left hand drive with a blind spot when joining carriage ways in the uk. (Right hand drive would have the same in Europe). The camera when joining carriage ways and when being overtaken is a game changer. Reversing also gives an excellent view.
Neil and team are very obliging when it comes to upgrading or optimizing views.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
+1 for Omni vue. Had it for about 6 years and no hiccups. Works well. They did say they were bringing out a recording system but I don’t think they ever did. I’ve had no contact since it was installed.
They did actually, assuming yours is the HD digital it is the same as ours and I bought the recorder earlier in the year and fitted it, you get the recorder and some Y connector leads and then all it needs is power which I took from the same supply as the cameras themselves.

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
No idea who may fit but we use these people for pedestrian safety AI camera systems and like the quality and ease of programming changes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back