2Kw Inverter tripping RCD when I turn everthing off (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 15, 2024
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Benz Sprint
Hello Folks... I wonder if anyone else has had this issue... or an answer... I have a renogy 2000w inverter supplying 240v to my sockets. I also have a shore power connection and a relay that automatically "chooses" which source of power to supply to the sockets. My problem is that when I am using the inverter all is fine... until I turn the inverter off, at which point the in-line RCD ( between the inverter and the relay) trips out. I can re-set it when I turn the inverter on again and everything works fine but I am mystified (and a little anxious) about the tripping... and clues ? Many thanks. Michael

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Some RCDs are designed to disconnect when the electricity is turned off, these are known as non-latching or active RCDs. Others are designed to stay connected when the electricity goes off and these are called latching or passive RCDs. Perhaps you have a non-latching RCD which is designed to click off when the inverter is turned off.

OP
OP
B
Sep 15, 2024
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Benz Sprint
I think I love you... I thought it would be something really simple... that I didn't know about. So it is. Thank you dearly, you have saved me a lot of trouble.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back