2022 Transit base...service and hab check price (In France) (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
I've just had the first service done on my Chausson at 12k miles and 22 months. It took a lad, aged about 11, 90 minutes to do it. Just as he was finishing, another guy started to do the habitation check (The Ford main dealership is owned by the family firm who own the motorhome dealership next door..which is handy) I'd estimate it took him 20 minutes. Service cost €449...Hab check €120. I obviously now have the necessary annual 'check' paperwork but the whole thing felt like a joke. Plug in a laptop...change the oil...a prod and a poke with a damp meter..less than 2 hours

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
You're lucky, the Chausson approved dealers hab check in the UK is now £350😱 if you want to keep the damp warranty active.

OP
OP
DandJ
Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
You're lucky, the Chausson approved dealers hab check in the UK is now £350😱 if you want to keep the damp warranty active.
I was sanguine about the fact that the feller just seemed to pay lip service to any actual damp checking (I didn't see a meter or any real attempt at thoroughness) as I got my certificate. If they had charged €300-€400 we would have had some words about what exactly I got for the money.

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
Local lad does my hab check and any bits and pieces that I want done such as fitting mifi etc. Last year habcheck was £210.
Turned up this year and said that he had a number of customers like me that he knew looked after their vehicles. Always serviced, maintained, clean etc. Had a think about it and he needs to spend less time on mine than he does on others. This year he’s charging £150 to his regulars like me.

Did the check, paid him and I’ll do same next year. Loyalty to each other should pay off. Any work needing done he’ll get.

£420 for a hab check is ridiculous.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

• Back