2022 Hymer Exsis-i and Lithium (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
Haviing upgraded our previous Hymer Exiss-i 576 to the New Exsis-i 580, I now had the opportunity to finish the change to Lithium. The delay being caused by both Hymer and Fiat faults with the mototorhome - nothing to do with batteries.

The basic change really was very simple - much easier than with the previous Exsis-i 576.

So, what needs doing :-

First, take out the very heavy AGM lead-acid battery and fit a Stering Power lithium with the same physical mountings and electrical connections.

Second, change the DIP switches on the Hymer fitted Schaudt B2B to the lithium setting - the lithium leisure battery now charges at 45 amps whilst driving.

Last, change the DIP switches on the Hymer fittted Schaudt EBL to the GEL setting. The lithium leisure battery now charges at 16 amps when on EHU hookup. 16 amps is plenty because, if we are going on hookup,, tt will be overnight.

Job Done. We now have as much usable leisure battery capacity and a 20+ Kg saving in payload.

OP
OP
LostInSpace
Oct 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Based Hymer
So what else has been done to improve things even further?

The motorhome had a dealer fitted solar panel and associated regulator which needed the DP switches changing to Lithium.

I have also fited an NDS Energy meter so that I can see the leisure battery State-of-Charge and charge/discharge currents. Nothing to do with lithium, it would be just as useful with lead-acid batteries.

I have fitted an an extra two Sterling Power lithium batteries under the dining table seat and the total weight is still almost less than the original AGM lead acid battery.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back