2021 Fiat Ducato DPF Sensor Location (1 Viewer)

Nov 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
My amber check engine light and engine start/stop disabled light have been on since the start of a 2,500 mile trip around Scotland. I'm home now and it remains on and I need to get the van it's first MOT so I plan on replacing the DPF sensor to see if that fixes the issue. I've had a good look under the van but cannot see it. Can anyone help me find it. I did spot a sensor on the bulkhead, but I don't think it's the DPF, but I've added some photo's of it just to confirm.

20240502_112303.jpg
20240502_112333.jpg
20240502_111809.jpg

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
What makes you think it's the DPF sensor, have you had the fault codes read ?

May 30, 2019
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
I had exactly the same on Monday, but in Burgundy in France.

Went to a Fiat Prof garage and a combination of waving, my very bad French and his bad English got the diagnostic hooked up. He said it was safe to travel home. 50 miles up the road engine management light went out.

I believe it’s partly because I tend to drive in France on eco, the gear ratios match much better at 30, 50 and 80 km for a more comfortable drive. As the revs have been low the cat has not been able to regen.

If yours is an auto try putting it in power mode and run for 25 miles or so, if manual run in high gear to keep the revs up. It’ll probably clear it. As it’s an orange light it’s doubtful you’ll do any damage.

BTW the sensor you want is attached to the exhaust system behind the front wheel.

Learning points for me is give it a blast every now and then and when I get home get a code reader so I know what the orange light means.

Any good code readers which match iPad?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
PVC
My amber check engine light and engine start/stop disabled light have been on since the start of a 2,500 mile trip around Scotland. I'm home now and it remains on and I need to get the van it's first MOT so I plan on replacing the DPF sensor to see if that fixes the issue. I've had a good look under the van but cannot see it. Can anyone help me find it. I did spot a sensor on the bulkhead, but I don't think it's the DPF, but I've added some photo's of it just to confirm.

View attachment 892493 View attachment 892495View attachment 892497
How many miles had your van done before the Scotland trip. If its around 2000, then its almost certainly the nox sensor. As has been said its a known issue with 2021 vans, and invariable puts the engine management light on after 2000 miles. I suspect this sensor is disabled when the engine is new.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
the Differential DPF sensor is low down on an X250 but in an X290 is precisly the location you indicate. Have you got any test equipment preferably a scanner such as Multiecuscan or Alfaobd if not a multimeter will do if you can backprobe the sensor and check the 5v earth and signal wire.
Differential Pressure Sensor signal is measured in mV.
an example of Pressure versus mV
DPFsensormbar versus Voltage.jpg

Anything between .5 and 2V is OK a working device. Blow out the pipes to ensure no water blockage.
As previously been said Proper diagnosis is preferable to parts canon.
The Differential DPF sensor must be read to the ecu to reset parameters held in the ecu. Not possible with cheap devices but can with Multiecuscan or Alfaobd.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back