2021 Ducato sat nav positioning

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Hi all. I have an Adria Twin, 2021 model, and currently on route to France.

The standard sat nav keeps losing position, see pic. I’ve tried switch off and on, restore except for restore to factoy settings but can’t get it to stay on the road.
F5C1DD1B-0680-450E-8CF7-70B233775B36.jpeg

I actually want to use my phone on Apple car play but as soon as I connect my phone it seems to pick up location from the Fiat unit and loses its place as well.

Anyone else had this and worked out how to fix it?

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sprinter 416 Auto
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Switch it off and use phone only?

Says me 2 x garmin nuvi and truck phone using giggle maps :giggle:

OP
OP
Andy MacD
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
That’s a work around, I’m looking for a fix. 😀

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
That unit is dire. I have the same one!
Mine MY20 has 2018 maps and the update process does not work (supplier of unit has spent hours on it lol). I'm awaiting another OS version....

I use it for Android auto and TomTom and have no issues on location, neither does the van. I didn't think the apple/andoid used the GPS from the van but a quick check says it can. Learn something every day! It may be configurable in phone app?

Other than that, what version is the unit OS and Nav OS?

OP
OP
Andy MacD
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Nav system is 9.35.2.258804 update 11Jun21

Hardware V1.0.4
Software V1.0.4.9 CP AA DAB NAV

It’s always had this issue but got it to work last year, just can’t remember how.

I was successful in downloading an update which fixed the default to kph and updated maps but this is an ongoing issue.

Fortunately I do have my iPad and a GPS dongle so can switch to that if I can’t get the Fiat unit fixed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
This is a problem that can occur when the head unit has it’s own gps and sends erroneous gps data to the phone, rather than letting the phone use it’s own more accurate gps. My head unit does not have navigation or gps which allows the phone to do the job without interference. If you google the problem you may find a solution for your head unit but basically you need to disable the erroneous gps output from the head unit. This is one such link.

Edit. The alternative is to try and reset the head unit so that it sends the phone sensible gps data.

OP
OP
Andy MacD
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Sodding thing is now working! Why or for how long I don’t know.

Don’t you just know it’s going to fail just when it’s needed.

OP
OP
Andy MacD
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
I like your stickers 😊

If I have it in front of me I won’t need it, but if I don’t........... 😂🤣

I see you’re still waiting on word of delivery, must be mega frustrating. I was back at the dealer to sort 2 warranty issue this morning, 3 outstanding when they get the parts. Think I got a Friday afternoon van.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Nav system is 9.35.2.258804 update 11Jun21

Hardware V1.0.4
Software V1.0.4.9 CP AA DAB NAV

It’s always had this issue but got it to work last year, just can’t remember how.

I was successful in downloading an update which fixed the default to kph and updated maps but this is an ongoing issue.

Fortunately I do have my iPad and a GPS dongle so can switch to that if I can’t get the Fiat unit fixed.
Ha! So there is a kph fix?
My software is v1.0.7.2 cp aa dab nav
(Thats the head unit software update

I have a link to the later version if you want (at your own risk!)

My nav version is same as yours. Just my maps are dated 2018 (have you checked your map version - thats within the nav). I'll see if the kph default is fixed. Does it still default to "van" speed limits rather than "car/motorhome" ?

PS I've asked my contact at the supplier for you

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp

The standard sat nav keeps losing position, see pic. I’ve tried switch off and on, restore except for restore to factoy settings but can’t get it to stay on the road.
View attachment 609249
I actually want to use my phone on Apple car play but as soon as I connect my phone it seems to pick up location from the Fiat unit and loses its place as well.

My contact at the unit makers says:-

Because of your friend, let them exchange the Gps antenna.80% of the problem is the Gps antenna.

:)

OP
OP
Andy MacD
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
activecampers , my maps are June 21.

When I downloaded the update the maps all worked but one of the system updates didn’t, I wasn’t too bothered once I saw the kph was fixed.

I did suspect it would the the gps antenna as I know the DAB one is crap. Perhaps the start of a trip to France isn’t the best time to pull the head unit out for marital harmony!

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
5W!b*ab3K#
My contact at the unit makers says:-

Because of your friend, let them exchange the Gps antenna.80% of the problem is the Gps antenna.

:)
If any one knows of a good antenna, let me know. Mine was doing the same until I added some adhesive foil underneath it and it was good for a while but has now started doing it again...😠

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
It is a shame that some head units interfere with the phones own location information which is probably far more accurate, being based on a wide range of data not just GPS.
My iPhone location information comes from:
Built-in GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS, and BeiDou
Digital compass
Wi‑Fi
Cellular
iBeacon microlocation
I doubt the head unit GPS has access to such a range.

to666ny

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ducato
Ha! So there is a kph fix?
My software is v1.0.7.2 cp aa dab nav
(Thats the head unit software update

I have a link to the later version if you want (at your own risk!)

My nav version is same as yours. Just my maps are dated 2018 (have you checked your map version - thats within the nav). I'll see if the kph default is fixed. Does it still default to "van" speed limits rather than "car/motorhome" ?

PS I've asked my contact at the supplier for you
I have the same issue do you have a link to the software updat

to666ny

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ducato

View attachment 609249

Did you ever sort this I’ve got the same stereo with the same issue

OP
OP
Andy MacD
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2018
Did you ever sort this I’ve got the same stereo with the same issue
No, gave up trying.

Inbuilt sat nav maps now well out of date so must use as Apple car play. When you don’t need it it works perfectly, as soon as you need to depend on it your position drifts off the road so useless through complex junctions.

I now use an old iPad with CoPilot and a gps dongle. Screen is larger and higher so easier to see and I find CoPilot much better than Apple Maps or Google maps when in France. Don’t power iPad from stereo unit usb, I save that for my phone so I can stream radio to the stereo unit.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
I have the same issue do you have a link to the software updat
Blimey - thread from the past!
TBH I had so many issues I had the engineers working in it via a whastapp feed - and whilst it got to working UK I prefer TomTom (as live traffic, cameras, up to date maps, so simply run TomTom go om my phone (£12pa) and use the unit solely for Android Auto....

My brain has cleared the history of this event, but here are some links the support sent me

http://download.naviextras.com/cont...cato_synctool_content_update_guide_w_urls.pdf

http://cdns.distrib.naviextras.com/content/!application/docs/20200730_Daiichi/250_Ducato_Europe.zip

2018Daiichi-Europe.NextGen.Ducato.Feu.TOMTOM.2018.12-REV-25(9.35.2.258804).zip (now disabled, but filename may be useful)

D716AF_DAIICHI_FIAT_V1.0.7.2_CP_AA_DAB_NAV_20211117.zip (also disabled)

Not much use then, sorry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back