2021 Ducato 2.3 140 auto software gone mad after sliding step knocked. (6 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Q6

Free Member
Sep 17, 2024
Funster No
MH
wildax Pulsar
Newbie her so firstly let me say Hello.

So here’s the issue but I am hoping someone has a suggestion.

I have a Wildax pulsar. 2021. Auto with adblue with 2.3 lt 140 engine.

In a country park lay-by I grounded on the Thule electric side step on passenger side UK when driving over a tree trunk stub hiding beneath some leaves. I reversed off and checked. The step was a little bent but still opened and closed using the switch and a bit of manual assistance.

Then I started engine and got the following list of errors and problems

1: check engine warning light
2: check diesel fuel filter warning light
3: auto start stop not working with error light showing exclamation mark showing after the circular A
4: air con not working. Depressing the ac switch did not activate ac.
5: Fan stuck on low bit speed no longer adjustable with control dial.
The temperature can be controlled but fan speed not responding
6: reversing camera stopped working.
7: Drive mode selector near auto gearbox lever does not select any modes. Actually is doesn’t even show available modes.
8: Power steering feels heavier at low speeds
9: Step doesn’t automatically retract on ignition on.

I managed to drive 250 miles home and I inserted a Bluetooth dongle for OBD2 check and error codes are

1: p0555 brake booster pressure sensor
2: p2264 water detected in fuel sensor.

I have disconnected batteries in an attempt to reboot things but this has not worked.

I have checked all fuses under bonnet, by drivers leg and on cab fuse board.

Van drives fine.

Any suggestions???

Mar 14, 2020
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2015, still learning
I would try to do connect the step. It may be telli g the engine that it’s out. Just a thought

Oh and welcome

Reactions: Q6
Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
The only connection to the step electrics from the engine should be the D+ normally via a relay box that covers other functions as well but shouldn't affect the engine.
I'm wondering if a wiring loom that runs near the step has been damaged.

Perhaps the installer has used the large connector at the base of the B pillar instead of running the supply wiring back to the battery etc. and this is related to the issue following the damage?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Q6

Q6

Free Member
Sep 17, 2024
Funster No
MH
wildax Pulsar
I've checked underneath and hteres no sign of any impact other than to the step "box". I've stripped the step and cleaned it. The Step is connected to a relay and a switch. The relay is a 5 way and the specs say it should read 80 Ohms. I chekced it abd its currently 40 Ohms so I've ordered another relay for tomorrow ot see if thats the issue. The step when we tried to first open and close it using the switch was only opening anc closing half way. It would open full if you pulled it manually at the same time as activating switch. And vice versa when closing it. I wonder if the stuck step drew too much current and damaged the relay? I did wonder about the wiring loom but as far as I can see it all looks good.

I did try isolation the step from the Hab fuse box by removing the 15A fuse but this didn't work. I'm also wondering if the OBD reader is simply reading the errors but not clearing the fault codes. I'm new to OBD readers so I'm not sure what to expect when you press clear and as mentioned the dash error messages are not related to the step function?

OP
OP
Q6

Q6

Free Member
Sep 17, 2024
Funster No
MH
wildax Pulsar
Perhaps the installer has used the large connector at the base of the B pillar instead of running the supply wiring back to the battery etc. and this is related to the issue following the damage?
Cannot see a connector near pillar. There is a large connection sitting between fuel tank and chassis but its set high and the surrounding vehicle structure has no sign of damage....

OP
OP
Q6

Q6

Free Member
Sep 17, 2024
Funster No
MH
wildax Pulsar
I would try to do connect the step. It may be telli g the engine that it’s out. Just a thought

Oh and welcome
Yep I've isolated from Hab fuse box but no difference.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Cannot see a connector near pillar. There is a large connection sitting between fuel tank and chassis but its set high and the surrounding vehicle structure has no sign of damage....

It’s internally under the plastic cover that goes over the B pillar. Can you trace the wiring from the step to see where it enters the vehicle? When I did mine I fed it forwards and into the space behind the plastic cover on the driver side footwell. If you can locate where the step connects into the vehicle wiring you could at least isolate it and remove it from the equation.

The step relay is usually fed from an ‘ignition on’ source, so there may be a single wire running to the cab fuse box and piggybacking off an existing fuse for that. Thule step wiring layouts are on their website if you need it.

OP
OP
Q6

Q6

Free Member
Sep 17, 2024
Funster No
MH
wildax Pulsar
It’s internally under the plastic cover that goes over the B pillar. Can you trace the wiring from the step to see where it enters the vehicle? When I did mine I fed it forwards and into the space behind the plastic cover on the driver side footwell. If you can locate where the step connects into the vehicle wiring you could at least isolate it and remove it from the equation.

The step relay is usually fed from an ‘ignition on’ source, so there may be a single wire running to the cab fuse box and piggybacking off an existing fuse for that. Thule step wiring layouts are on their website if you need it.
Checked. All wiring for step is located under rear seat near the step/sliding door. Found relay. Spec says shoud be 80 ohm. Multimeter says 40 ohm so order new relay. Will update tomorrow

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back