2014 X250 Citroen Relay airbag warning - coincidence or what? (1 Viewer)

Sep 22, 2013
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Relay self-build
Exp
Trainee MH owner
Last year on 12th September 2021 I drove off only to get the airbag warning light come on and this year on EXACTLY the same date it happened again but this time before we even moved!

The issue last year was fixed by a quick turnround of my airbag controller at CrashData who reset it and told me the problem had been caused by a "high" voltage of 14.1v while travelling at 25mph.

Despite being listed as covering X250 airbag, my OBD reader from iCarsoft does not link to the airbag or provide any useful diagnostic information.

Please can anyone tell me of an OBD reader that they have personally used to read information from the airbag on an X250 Citroen Relay?

Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
How can 14.1 v be a high voltage. Normal charging rate is 13.8 - 14.4 volts.

OP
OP
ericroy
Sep 22, 2013
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Relay self-build
Exp
Trainee MH owner
Contact iCarsoft they will help and if possible send an update.
I had considered this and your prompt has encouraged me to try, even though it might not help in the very short term to get back on the road. I have also wondered if the airbag module has “died” whether a ”Link error” would be an expected outcome? As I never got to try it on a working system, I can’t be sure. :(

OP
OP
ericroy
Sep 22, 2013
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Relay self-build
Exp
Trainee MH owner
How can 14.1 v be a high voltage. Normal charging rate is 13.8 - 14.4 volts.
A good question. If you have read as many posts on airbag warnings as me, then you will have noted that this is not an uncommon occurrence. Many comments have been made about the poor quality specification/design of a unit that seems to fail if the supply voltage is higher or lower than some built-in limits.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I know I shall get flamed for this ,but an airbag light won't stop you, mine has come on intermittent since I have had this van, luckily it has always gone off at testing time.
Sometimes a ferkal under the seat puts it off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back