2014 Arto 88F front sidelight LED cluster (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Newton Abbot, UK
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
On the way home from the annual MOT & service, a few weeks ago, the wife phones to say that the front near side sidelight/running lights cluster is not working!

Garage says call in and we’ll sort it, so yesterday I called in. Evidently they come on with just the ignition but fade and go out when the engine starts up or you put the headlamps on.

The same LED’s are used for the indicators and alarm system but flash orange and work fine.

It is suggested that the light unit is faulty and perhaps the ECU is shutting it down to protect the ECU. I am referred to a local auto-electrics place so call in there. Initially they say we would not want to get involved in a German Motorhome and its ECU. They take my details when I clarify to say I just want them to test the light unit and say they will be in touch.

Has anyone got an idea what might be wrong? Is it a faulty light unit or a disturbed connection by the garage doing the service?

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Newton Abbot, UK
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
A new LED light cluster costs over £500! Travelworld have kindly emailed me instructions how to enable the system to relearn how to work properly. No success yet so will be driving on dipped headlights as the daytime running lights are then off on both sides so it won’t be obvious to plod that there is a fault. Top front lights work fine as do the rears. Evidently if all sidelights front and back are out it’s likely to be a failed relay.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back