2-Berth Van Conversion (2021 - 24) recommendations (please) (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 28, 2024
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Hi, we had a couple of motorhomes (swift) many years ago and now we are both retired are looking for a new van. We want a van conversion with a budget of around £70k (could go a bit higher if need be). We have looked at an Autotrail V Line 610/635 sport and liked them but looking on here it seems that Autotrail are not particularly recommended. The Bailey B62 comes out well but after looking at one it didn't inspire us. We live on the S. Coast (New Forest) but are willing to travel to find the right van.
Ideally a U-Shaped back but this is not a deal breaker and we would both prefer an automatic. The most important thing is mechanical reliabilty with a decent habitation build quality.

Thank you for any recommendations

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Coops Thank you

I emailed the dealer who said it would not be registered until a couple of days before we pick it up. He should have the vin number so I will email him again to get it as it is currently in their compound waiting for us to pay (late September)

thanks again
He will have the VIN because he needs it to register the vehicle. Will be on the Certificate of Conformity.

Upvote 0
Jun 11, 2021
Pinner, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar 540
Exp
Since 2019
We have a Globecar summit prime 6.4m. Automatic, two fixed beds. Compressor fridge. We like it a lot. Had it from new, 2021. Have had lithium batteries installed for more off grid. Had one or two minor problems, a bit of an issue with the tambour shower door, which although dealt with under warranty was probably more to with the van being closed up for several months in hot weather (I had an op so we didn’t go away), water pump replaced because it stopped, although stuck rather than broken. The over a sky roof was noisy, a known problem and we had the retro fit done, under warranty, and now much better. What I don’t like is the bathroom tap over the washbasin, it takes up too much space over the washbasin.
Possle, who make Globecar, are slow to respond to dealers in the uk, and specific parts can take a while to arrive. And I know it is Possle, because I’ve seen the emails.
Hi - Just out of interest we have the 540 summit prime (2021) and the tambour door has over time got very stiff - did they replace yours with a like for like door or was it a different type to the original. We are out of warranty so doubt we’ll replace it.
Many thanks

Upvote 0

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi - Just out of interest we have the 540 summit prime (2021) and the tambour door has over time got very stiff - did they replace yours with a like for like door or was it a different type to the original. We are out of warranty so doubt we’ll replace it.
Many thanks
Before doing anything drastic, try squirting a dry PTFE lubricant into the upper and lower channels. It can make a massive difference

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Many thanks
I think they replaced the plastic runners along the bottom. We were also advised to keep the door closed except when travelling. We tended to leave it open caught back on the catch when the van was at home. Then the heat got to it. It is certainly better if we leave it shut.

Upvote 0
Jun 11, 2021
Pinner, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar 540
Exp
Since 2019
Thanks for that - it’s exactly what we do now and squash a soft cloth in at the bottom which helps keep it straight when shut!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C
Jul 28, 2024
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Pausim We should pick our van up late September. I called Adams Morey Portsmouth on you advice (our nearest is Southampton). You were correct, they were super helpful (Simon). He explained the process and gave me his direct number to call when we are ready to go.
Not sure of the cost etc. but regardless we will opt for 3-years.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back