1st year hab check done (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Was pleasantly surprised to discover that our N&B only needs a hab check every 2 years now

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Just had our fourth year hab check done today, all great . That’s swift for you ;-) .
One year or 4 years it’s still a good feeling , it’s stupid really , we shouldn’t have to be like this . We buy cars and we never have to worry about damp .
Enjoy your van :)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Well weve just had our 1st year hab check done.
Everything spot on no damp and no issues anywhere else.
Great service from A & E leisure in Northwhich.
Will be posting in the review section.
Same feeling as passing an mot?
Pleased for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Was pleasantly surprised to discover that our N&B only needs a hab check every 2 years now

I have had the 16 year-old Arto for 10 years and have never seriously thought of a Hab Check, because of the double aluminium sandwich construction with no timber.

Am I being too complacent?

Geoff

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I have had the 16 year-old Arto for 10 years and have never seriously thought of a Hab Check, because of the double aluminium sandwich construction with no timber.

Geoff
I don’t think so, but it’s worth having it done on a new van to keep up the warranty

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014

Geoff
Don't bother, never had ours done and saved a fortune. Mind you, it is in a garage all winter so it probably wouldn't show any damp anyway, and when we use it we don't stay in the UK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

Geoff
Not if you're good at checking it yourself etc

But if you have a van with no wood construction you can rest a little easier as leaks are very obvious because the water doesn't get held.

If I had a van full of wood is probably be paranoid about what was going on unseen.

I had a Bailey caravan years back that had been soaking up water a long time before any visible signs

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back