Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

chrismobilvetta

Free Member
Jul 25, 2024
Funster No
MH
MOBILEVETTA
Γεια σας!
Εχω μια ερώτηση αν ξέρει κάποιος. Έχει και η ασφάλεια στα φώτα όγκου και δεν τη βρίσκω. Γνωρίζει ένας φίλος;
Ευχαριστώ!

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
το έτος του βαν είναι μόνο τα φώτα κάνουν τα πάντα 12 volt λειτουργούν εντάξει.

I am using google translate Greek to English to Greek

Χρησιμοποιώ το google translate από ελληνικά σε αγγλικά

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
το έτος του βαν είναι μόνο τα φώτα κάνουν τα πάντα 12 volt λειτουργούν εντάξει.

I am using google translate Greek to English to Greek

Χρησιμοποιώ το google translate από ελληνικά σε αγγλικά

Google translates for me,

"Hello!
I have a question if anyone knows. It also has the fuse in the volume lights and I can't find it. Does a friend know?
Thanks!"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
The translation is not very good. It is difficult to understand. Are the lights for the vehicle functions, or are the lights for the living area functions?

Η μετάφραση δεν είναι πολύ καλή. Είναι δύσκολο να το καταλάβεις. Είναι τα φώτα για τις λειτουργίες του οχήματος ή τα φώτα για το σαλόνι;

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
I still think its a tongue in cheek post.

This is not the platform for a foreign language request for advice on a continental vehicle where a more local expert pool is obviously available.

Shall I make all my future posts in Llanito (Spanish/English mix)?

Upvote 0
May 21, 2021
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Hobby

This is not the platform for a foreign language request for advice on a continental vehicle where a more local expert pool is obviously available.

,,,and why not take the tolerance point of view and try to encompass everyone, surely that is a more empathetic approach

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Below is a link for a peugeot based motorhome . Probably the same for a fiat base. I don't have any info re a mobiletta

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
I believe I was the first to respond, the question I translated into Greek was what year and model as we have to start somewhere. When someone asks for help and advice in whatever their native language is they deserve a respectful response I would have thought better from this forum.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you wanted information about your motorhome, I don't think you would go on to a greek site and ask in English.
Plus the fact he must know so much English else how does he know this is a motorhome forum.
And why has he got a relative English forum name, why isn't that in greek.?

Upvote 1
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years

Maybe then we should ask our French motorhomefun friends to stop posting and providing assistance in a "foreign" language when a funster breaks down in thier " foreign " country? 🤷‍♂️ :oops:

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Maybe then we should ask our French motorhomefun friends to stop posting and providing assistance in a "foreign" language when a funster breaks down in thier " foreign " country? 🤷‍♂️ :oops:

It is common courtesy to try and ask in the host language first.
To write it in Greek and get the local population to use google to translate when you yourself have made no attempt to use the same method is bad manners.

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003

But they are asking an ENGLISH SPEAKING forum for advice!!

How many funsters have asked a French motorhome forum for help in English?

You have missed my point entirely.

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
But they are asking an ENGLISH SPEAKING forum for advice!!

How many funsters have asked a French motorhome forum for help in English?

You have missed my point entirely.

And I wonder how many Greek motorhome forums there are for the OP to ask for help, I think that the bad manners lay at your feet rather than the OP's struggle with English with Google poor attempt at translation.
Why don't you try and help the OP with their problem by using Google to converse in Greek rather than just criticise, which is of no help to the OP at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
And I wonder how many Greek motorhome forums there are for the OP to ask for help, I think that the bad manner lay at your feet rather than the OP's struggle with English with Google poor attempt at translation.
Why don't you try and help the OP with their problem by using Google to converse in Greek rather than just criticise, which is of no help to the OP at all.

Why ask a British forum in Greek? Basic manners would make any of us at least attempt a translation no matter how broken up the sentence might be.

If he/she is in Britain any workshop could have looked at the problem at first hand.

It beggars belief to expect a British forum to translate what you could have at least made an effort to do yourself.
I still suspect a tongue in cheek post which is actually quite humorous.

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Why ask a British forum in Greek? Basic manners would make any of us at least attempt a translation no matter how broken up the sentence might be.

If he/she is in Britain any workshop could have looked at the problem at first hand.

It beggars belief to expect a British forum to translate what you could have at least made an effort to do yourself.
I still suspect a tongue in cheek post which is actually quite humorous.
You just don't get it do you, or don't want to.

Maybe there is not an online translator available to the Op in Greek that does a credible translation into English and they have try and attempt by using photos on their other thread about their lighting problem, so a tongue in cheek post, I think not

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
OK, we heard you the first time. And the second time. And the third time. And the fourth time. This is an internationally known forum, with members in all corners of the Earth, from Sutton-on-Sea to New Zealand. Probably the best motorhome forum in the world. OK, I get that someone might be 'avin a larf. But then again they might not be. Possibly a fellow motorhomer set them up to read the forum, and now they have a problem and thought they'd ask for help.

If you don't like to help, simply set the ignore tag. I'm sure someone on here would be glad to help you with that.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back