LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
So

we’re going to the NEC on thursday, we’ll be there a max of 6 hours possibly less looking to spend (maybe) £225000 less PX
on an A Class

1. max 8mtrs

2. Not white (silver)

3. 2 berth (poss 4) so 4 belts

4. Island bed (poss singles)

5. double floor but don’t want to have to climb a staircase to get in/out

6. big garage for folding elec bikes, chairs,table but no high bed inside

7. Must be auto and poss Merc but not essential so Iveco or something else

8. enough roof room for 600w min solar

This will poss be our last motorhome so good build quality with no shitty dealer backup service would be nice

Dealer max 2 hours but pre preferred less from West Yorks, is their any good dealers out there ???

Can you think of anything else and i’m not a fan of the TV in the hab door entrance either

cheers
Al

PS. Val will not entertain rouffle leather so has to be nice n smooth

Last edited:

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Take a look at these car seats where the leather looks like it’s sagged and they’ve tried to stitch it tight again

In our opinion it’s a 70’s look, others may love it but we don’t

View attachment 965665

or this one is a Liner for 2 i53 rear lounge 😟

View attachment 965667
Christ! I'd be spending my life hoovering the chocolate digesitve crumbs out of the bloody creases!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Al n Val Carthago’s Performance leather option tends to have less ‘rouffles’ than the standard leather.

But do they have a no rouffles option, 🤔

honestly no rouffles no Carthago, it really is that in a nutshell for us 😟

Upvote 0

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
But do they have a no rouffles option, 🤔

honestly no rouffles no Carthago, it really is that in a nutshell for us 😟
Buy an N&B Al you know it makes sense.

Those carthagos are all tethered ti hook up it seems 😁🤣🤣

And I'm with you the rouffle leather looks like a dfs sofa

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2020
We went to the Carthago factory in Germany last month and i’d have put money down on the Liner for 2, but it had rouffle leather and a china cabinet for gods sake.

Who the feck wants a china cabinet, my mam chucked hers out 40 yrs ago lol so unless they bring me a modern looking one i’m not interested 🤣

Apart from that it was nice 👍
Yeah we went over and had a look at the factory a few months ago . I must admit it was impressive . We are considering purchasing one however, my main worry is apparently getting spare parts is a nightmare and that also makes warrenty claims lengthy 🤦‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B878 SL
Exp
Since Feb 2020
With your budget I'd look for a recent used Morello or tag axle Hymer. New top end vans lose so much in the first year or two and with a used van all the bugs should be ironed out. That's what we did and never regretted, as you get all the luxury without paying top whack.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Al n Val

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
With your budget I'd look for a recent used Morello or tag axle Hymer. New top end vans lose so much in the first year or two and with a used van all the bugs should be ironed out. That's what we did and never regretted, as you get all the luxury without paying top whack.

I don’t want a new Van which isn’t brand new

I don’t want a tag axel unless it’s 8mtrs or less so unlikely their is one

I don’t want a Morello at all

I’ve already got all the luxuries (I think)

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B878 SL
Exp
Since Feb 2020
Their backup and service are good in Lancashire. We did not buy our Voyager from them but their service dept gave us lots of help when we had electrical problems with our previous Voyager.

Upvote 0

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Bought two vans off them, great service, very, very good service team and knowledgeable staff. How many dealers will give you theirs and the service managers home phone numbers and ask if you have any problems to contact them directly? Our last van suffered an electrical glitch and it was a Sunday, contacted them and was told to get a hire car and hotel and they would cover it. In the end we managed but it was straight in on the Monday and sorted ASAP and all I will say is that they are on an industrial estate not shopfront premises. No hesitation in recommending them

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Has anyone got any views regards Le Voyager and Signature motorhomes in Lancashire

Al 👍
We got an Adria Twin from them 3 yrs ago and they were very good to deal with and the after support has been great.

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes a used Morelo will be a lot less than a new one but that does not necessarily mean that they lose a lot in the first few years, indeed most similar to ours that I have seen used have been up for a good chunk more than we paid, but he doesn't want one anyway.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back