Let's get Frankie back on the road (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
jumartoo not got it wrong just unusual an adult being aged to childhood, know my younger was always 4 going on 40, for yodeli thats being very knowledgeable/ mature for their age. Often also expressed as having been here/lived before.
good to hear all parts should be available.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
jumartoo not got it wrong just unusual an adult being aged to childhood, know my younger was always 4 going on 40, for yodeli thats being very knowledgeable/ mature for their age. Often also expressed as having been here/lived before.
Or its 40 going on 4 when some is being silly or acting like a child šŸ¤”

Often seen at rallies :rofl:

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994

Sue, sorry for doubting you šŸ¤­

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
& if they are struggling with parts availability Frankie all are available on https://www.auto-doc.fr/

or on https://www.oscaro.com/#

Oscaro is a French company & autodoc .fr supply everyone from Berlin.I used to have the same age van as yours & all is available from either company . just price one against the other/availability.
Thank you very much Gus! It might help, especially if they do not find new injectors on the market. They are not sold anymore. They have to try and tare the old ones but it might not work if they are really out of order. So the second hand ones will be the next option. The actual ones, let too much diesel in at a time, which gives black smoke and stinks!...Hence no Pollution MOT!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Thank you very much Gus! It might help, especially if they do not find new injectors on the market. They are not sold anymore. They have to try and tare the old ones but it might not work if they are really out of order. So the second hand ones will be the next option. The actual ones, let too much diesel in at a time, which gives black smoke and stinks!...Hence no Pollution MOT!
your originals should be easily serviceable by any diesel injection shop. We have a local one here that does nothing else. They did mine for a 1989 Fiat but smaller engine than yours. I believe yours is the 2500cc Citroƫn or Fiat?
I also managed to obtain a spare set when in the UK from a firm called 'Diesel Bob'http://www.dieselbob.co.uk/injectors.aspx

There must be someone in your area that overhauls & refurbishes diesel injectors & pumps? There would have to be for lorries I would have thought?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
By the time this fun site has ā€˜funishedā€™ (pun intended), girl your motor is gonna be.. Grease lightnin..
šŸŽ¶Go grease lightnin..

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
your originals should be easily serviceable by any diesel injection shop. We have a local one here that does nothing else. They did mine for a 1989 Fiat but smaller engine than yours. I believe yours is the 2500cc Citroƫn or Fiat?
I also managed to obtain a spare set when in the UK from a firm called 'Diesel Bob'http://www.dieselbob.co.uk/injectors.aspx

There must be someone in your area that overhauls & refurbishes diesel injectors & pumps? There would have to be for lorries I would have thought?
Well, I don't doubt that it can be done, He has a garage for lorries in another town (30minutes away). It's him (the chief mechanic) who managed to give Max a chance by talking to the controller who is his neighbour, and on his other side is the MoHo's habitation workshop. I have a wonderful team ready to do their best. They have already contacted all the people who possibly have the injectors, and waiting for answers now. They don't call me everyday to let me know of course.
How can I explain? ..... They are more than an habitation team, a mechanic team, and a controller. They are so involved in Max's rehabilitation that I don't worry. Also, as I said before, I'm still working, no time to look around... and BUILD CONFIDENCE in people I never had before. I can't take Max somewhere else. They are all good , and will do their best to give a very satisfying result.
Errr... And ...They know my cakes :rock::rock::giggler::drinks::Grin:..... They can't miss another occasion to have some if I'm a happy bunny.

I'm not the kind of client who just pays and goes out. Every New year 'eve they have presents from me... Bottles of wine and nice stuff. My way to say thanks to always be there for me. Same for the Habitation team (not allowed to do this with the controller..... It could be taken for black money!!!:angel:)
Not my stuff to think the client is the king! The worker is! He saves us, the money pays him back , that's all! :Smile::Smile::Smile:

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Well, I don't doubt that it can be done, He has a garage for lorries in another town (30minutes away). It's him (the chief mechanic) who managed to give Max a chance by talking to the controller who is his neighbour, and on his other side is the MoHo's habitation workshop. I have a wonderful team ready to do their best. They have already contacted all the people who possibly have the injectors, and waiting for answers now. They don't call me everyday to let me know of course.
How can I explain? ..... They are more than an habitation team, a mechanic team, and a controller. They are so involved in Max's rehabilitation that I don't worry. Also, as I said before, I'm still working, no time to look around... and BUILD CONFIDENCE in people I never had before. I can't take Max somewhere else. They are all good , and will do their best to give a very satisfying result.
Errr... And ...They know my cakes :rock::rock::giggler::drinks::Grin:..... They can't miss another occasion to have some if I'm a happy bunny.

I'm not the kind of client who just pays and goes out. Every New year 'eve they have presents from me... Bottles of wine and nice stuff. My way to say thanks to always be there for me. Same for the Habitation team (not allowed to do this with the controller..... It could be taken for black money!!!:angel:)
Not my stuff to think the client is the king! The worker is! He saves us, the money pays him back , that's all! :Smile::Smile::Smile:
That is good to hear & that they are doing as much as is possible.(y)

Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Ɖtienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
Hi,
These guys refurbished the injectors on my 1981 transit, without much problem , a bit of a trek for you but might be worth calling them.

Dave

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
not allowed to do this with the controller..... It could be taken for black money!!!:angel:
I know you like expanding your vocab, thought his might be an interesting one for you.

Bribery is offering money to get an outcome. (what you called black money in this case)
Blackmail is using "information" to get money.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
I know you like expanding your vocab, thought his might be an interesting one for you.

Bribery is offering money to get an outcome. (what you called black money in this case)
I've heard the term black money it's money that the taxman is not told about
Like a builder doing a 'cash' job at a cheaper rate

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I've heard the term black money it's money that the taxman is not told about
Like a builder doing a 'cash' job at a cheaper rate
I don't think that is the case here. I believe Frankie was talking about gifts to the MOT man which could be seen as bribery.

Blackmarket cash is another thing. Forgive me if I am misunderstanding the situation.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
I don't think that is the case here. I believe Frankie was talking about gifts to the MOT man which could be seen as bribery.

Blackmarket cash is another thing. Forgive me if I am misunderstanding the situation.
Yes it's all similar term with slightly different meanings
English is complicated

The bribery could also be referred to as

A backhanded
Or
A brown envelope

All these phrases must be so confusing for people not brought up with our sayings.

Years ago I worked with a gentle who native country did not use the word boll#cks

But he had heard us use the phrase

This is a load of boll@cks

We had to explain to him what he was referring to when he announced in public and in front of clients

"This is a load of boll#cks"

When a jobs worth was making a daft suggestion

Got to admit it took him a long time to li e it down but he said what the rest of us were thinking :rofl:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp

Thank you Karl! I knew what Blackmail was so I thought may be using black ... would help understanding! I'll try to remember bribery!

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
The word "blackmail" comes from the badlands of the Scottish Borders when the place was known as the "Debatable Lands" an area between England and Scotland that was governed by local outlaw families known as the "Border Reivers" who were always fighting amongst themselves.
Blackmail was basically "protection money" so they didn't steal your cattle, sheep or family members !
Another word that entered the English language due to their shenanigans was the word "bereaved" which often happened after a visit from a neighbouring clan !

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
The word "blackmail" comes from the badlands of the Scottish Borders when the place was known as the "Debatable Lands" an area between England and Scotland that was governed by local outlaw families known as the "Border Reivers" who were always fighting amongst themselves.
Blackmail was basically "protection money" so they didn't steal your cattle, sheep or family members !
Another word that entered the English language due to their shenanigans was the word "bereaved" which often happened after a visit from a neighbouring clan !
My ancestors............ outlaws from birth in some cases.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just to bring the fundraising aspect of this thread to an end.

It took a week or so to get the money to Frankie because my bank would only allow one international transfer a day, to a limit of Ā£2k. And we had a few full days travelling The transfers amounting to Ā£5310.84 which I'm sure Frankie will confirm, have been sent and received. (y)

Ā£1 +
Ā£2000 +
Ā£2000 +
Ā£1309.84

= Ā£5310.84

Best of luck for the future Frankie and hope to see you and a fixed up Max at a UK rally soon x

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Jim Thank you again Jim! You're not going to wipe this thread off the site, are you?
Otherwise I'll have to copie all the pages:hot: ... therefore you'll have to give me time!
I don't want to forget any of all the messages of support I had all along!
Thanks to all the funsters! Max is going to the body welder/builder next Monday for 2 weeks. Than back to the MOT, unless my mechanic finds time to also do the injectors before the limit date! šŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž

Affectueusement Ć  tous

Frankie:glitter::mnythnks::calig::merci::thanks5::bear:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Jim Thank you again Jim! You're not going to wipe this thread off the site, are you?
Otherwise I'll have to copie all the pages:hot: ... therefore you'll have to give me time!
Thanks to all the funsters! Max is going to the body welder/builder next Monday for 2 weeks. Than back to the MOT, unless my mechanic finds time to also do the injectors before the limit date! šŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž

Affectueusement Ć  tous

So glad youā€™re getting Max sorted Frankie. Best wishes for your future travels x

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994

Affectueusement Ć  tous

We hope to meet up with you again sometime. Possibly somewhere around the Pyrenees (French or Spanish side).

We'll bring the wine if you can make us the famous Boef Bourguignon šŸ„°

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp

I've used diesel bob,sent a set by post reconditioned and back with me in 4 days superb service and good job

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Just to bring the fundraising aspect of this thread to an end.

It took a week or so to get the money to Frankie because my bank would only allow one international transfer a day, to a limit of Ā£2k. And we had a few full days travelling The transfers amounting to Ā£5310.84 which I'm sure Frankie will confirm, have been sent and received. (y)

Ā£1 +
Ā£2000 +
Ā£2000 +
Ā£1309.84

= Ā£5310.84

Best of luck for the future Frankie and hope to see you and a fixed up Max at a UK rally soon x
& Thanks to you for setting it all up. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back